joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/9/16 Snow Event (N&W)

anthonyweather

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr No with nada snow in PA and we are at just 24hrs out - how bout that model chaos this winter it's ending with an exclamation point.

Wow. Well one(or two if the Americans are that wrong) of these models should be taken out back and put down after this event. what good is a model that can't nail down anything close to the final solution 24 hours out? Hard to pick a side though the euro has been trash this winter. But then again it seems that model is only wrong when it is the outlier showing a bunch of snow for the area.

Should have gone a coating to 6+"

Yeah, something about this storm didn't make me feel bullish. My experience from Frankenstorm was in my mind. Also, the wind has been really active and variable leading up to the storm which makes me wonder if the storm is really as organized as modeled. I think the cold might be overdone in the modelling too. 

now people are hitting me up on FB asking about the "6-10" we are supposed to get.  C'mon, guys.  We are better than this.  We are the voice of reason between silly modeling snowfall map outputs showing 10:1 ratios and the fact it will be snowing during the daytime, with temps above freezing in most cases and an April 9th sun angle to deal with.  Let's show those that trustr us we know better.

Kuchera but FYI Bufkit is very aggressive. Either the Euro is right or the US are. Watch the Mesos tonight. Pretty damn cold airmass.

Ginx, what are your thoughts for down here? I live in NE Philly so only expecting an inch or 2 TOPS if we are lucky, but i'm wondering if people just W of the city might get a surprise

Latest Wxsim shows 6" to 9" of snow here in NW Chesco with a total w.e. of 1.15" (clearly not likely but interesting this late in the year) but a little elevation above 660 ft here in NW Chesco will likely make a difference....250 feet could make a huge difference in this type system. But still hard to buy a significant snow event this late in the season. Although it has happened out here before...so stay tuned

Archived