• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

You expect people to actually learn, and think for themselves?

We hold in our hands literally a gateway to the entirety of human knowledge. We can read about physics, history, mathematics, etc and teach ourselves damn near anything. What do people do? Ask when the NAM comes out right under a pinned thread explaining model times. Oh and post about cats.

Loooooooool. Life is about choices, only the select few make the right ones, the ones that require work and effort, much more often than not

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We hold in our hands literally a gateway to the entirety of human knowledge. We can read about physics, history, mathematics, etc and teach ourselves damn near anything. What do people do? Ask when the NAM comes out right under a pinned thread explaining model times. Oh and post about cats.

I was 5 posted a few years ago because I posted the Nam showing a hurricane hitting the coast. :(

post-5412-0-53551200-1458833996_thumb.jp

This

I was surprised as to how slow it was earlier this year when we had some major rain/thunderstorm events. We had that one mini outbreak which dropped all those Tors in VA and PA and then hammered all the way up the coast. I had over 3" of rain and some of the strongest winds I've seen since Sandy. If that doesn't get you excited enough to post here then I don't know what would. Snow is nice, but it only falls here roughly 30% of the year.

That has to be one of the strangest Euro runs I've ever seen. 994mb sitting near 71W, cranks a CCB from C NE to the mid Atlantic which slowly moves East, in tact. But it's all or mostly heay rain. And then the low itself remains stationary and deepens to 993mb by Tuesday morning. Meanwhile it absolutely dumps here before eventually changing over to snow on Tuesday afternoon. Big paste job on Tuesday for all of SNE and most of LI. Verbatim it's like 2-3" of rain with snow to end lol

That has to be one of the strangest Euro runs I've ever seen. 994mb sitting near 71W, cranks a CCB from C NE to the mid Atlantic which slowly moves East, in tact. But it's all or mostly heay rain. And then the low itself remains stationary and deepens to 993mb by Tuesday morning. Meanwhile it absolutely dumps here before eventually changing over to snow on Tuesday afternoon. Big paste job on Tuesday for all of SNE and most of LI. Verbatim it's like 2-3" of rain with snow to end lol

It's all rain for everyone

For the last several months, perhaps longer, it now has a dry bias. It no longer spits out those ridiculous amounts, and when it does, it's usually because we're about to get an absolute dump job.

yeah it's really weird seeing the model so dry all the sudden.   I'm used to chopping its totals in half.

Archived