Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

I recently started playing golf.

Taking  lessons at Crystal Springs.

The 5 courses there are solid is my understanding.

I almost bought a home in crystal springs, but decided on Highland Lakes.

The last time that I was in that general area was during my many trips to Action Park in the 1980's.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time that I was in that general area was during my many trips to Action Park in the 1980's.

Crystal Springs is a nice resort. The piece of property we locked up has a 600 to 800 lb black bear up on the ridge.

Spent 2 hours riding CATS with my head on a constant swivel.

I gave up looking in Florida because no one in my family wants to move there...I might be buying a house in Dingmans Ferry Pa...If it happens I'll be spending a lot of time up there...1230ft above sea level...

So glad to hear you are staying in the Northeast. My family owns a house at 1500' in Lake Como PA, averages 70" snowfall a year. We have friends in the Dingmans Ferry area at one of the developments. It's an easier drive from the City and still plenty wintry.

The wild days. The water park is outstanding. I go 2X a summer.

The owners are in the process of building/getting approved for a huge resort with the largest indoor water park in NA.

Rumor is 800-1400 room hotel conference center too.

Good for the local economy.

I am confused, you bought a property.

Are you building commercial and looking for a local home.

I locked up 280 acres in Wantage . I have 18 months to get the stone there DOT approved.

I can sell the aggregate after I get site approval.

The Wantage quary was my partners then he sold it.

The Hamburg one is the original, this one could be dug for 50 years.

It's massive

I would need another home because I live in Colts Neck and it's 95 miles from home.

The commute in bad weather is impossible.

I locked up 280 acres in Wantage . I have 18 months to get the stone there DOT approved.

I can sell the aggregate after I get site approval.

The Wantage quary was my partners then he sold it.

The Hamburg one is the original, this one could be dug for 50 years.

It's massive

I would need another home because I live in Colts Neck and it's 95 miles from home.

The commute in bad weather is impossible.

Wow. Impressive.

Would love to learn more about it.

Good news for the local economy.

A friend of father is who is a retired geologist does some consulting for this company on occasion.

Been to the dig site in NPA, once. impressive

http://www.delawarequarries.com/locations/locations.html

I love the geologist on our team. He thinks the place is a gold mine .

Now that may not be the case , but I am willing to bore hole the property and see the aggregate fits our specs.

I am allowed to go down 100 feet , but we know the stone goes down 1200.

And the key is , it's sitting right on the surface.

Like any investment, you can do all the due diligence you want, it could look great on paper, but in this case the boards and application matter more.

I love the geologist on our team. He thinks the place is a gold mine .

Now that may not be the case , but I am willing to bore hole the property and see the aggregate fits our specs.

I am allowed to go down 100 feet , but we know the stone goes down 1200.

And the key is , it's sitting right on the surface.

Like any investment, you can do all the due diligence you want, it could look great on paper, but in this case the boards and application matter more.

I would support it.

But as you can tell from the previous post. Local people may not.

You may need a town hall to talk about jobs and local concerns.

Different type of people out that way,

I would support it.

But as you can tell from the previous post. Local people may not.

You may need a town hall to talk about jobs and local concerns.

Different type of people out that way,

That Hamburg quary is an eye sore.

Those guys are gouging the entire face of that mountain.

It's been there since 1950.

Otherwise the area is beautiful.

yay environmental destruction

DUMB ...

You want infrastructure jobs right ? You want roads right ?

Where do you think the aggregate to make asphalt comes from ?

You want buildings / construction/manufacturing, where do you think the aggregate comes from to make concrete ?

FYI every site you mine , you back fill with earth and replant trees.

The digging site by site are continous , so when you finish with one , you repair the other . The stone that's dug is used for capital improvements.

That's why you don't take an entire mountain down.

That's the place the give tours right?

If yes, that was old school stuff.

Im not sure, Google Earth it and check out how they gouged that spot out .

They should have never been allowed to leave a 100 acre open pit

The wild days. The water park is outstanding. I go 2X a summer.

The owners are in the process of building/getting approved for a huge resort with the largest indoor water park in NA.

Rumor is 800-1400 room hotel conference center too.

Good for the local economy.

As long as the local people are ok with the development then it should work for the community.

Action Park was one of may favorite places to go during the summer. It was always a long

ride back to Long Island and everyone in the car had plenty of scrapes and bruises.

The trick was knowing how far to push the various rides without really hurting yourself.

There was always some person that pushed things too far and was wiped out next to

one of the attractions getting some type of medical attention. I think the lawsuits finally

did that place in since they used to call it accident park.

The developments are definitely starting to work their way North. Back in the 90s, my general area was all woods and route 23 was 2 lanes. Stores popped up quickly and the highway widened to 3 or more lanes in sections and now they look for any little available lot of land that's workable.

The developments are definitely starting to work their way North. Back in the 90s, my general area was all woods and route 23 was 2 lanes. Stores popped up quickly and the highway widened to 3 or more lanes in sections and now they look for any little available lot of land that's workable.

It's similar to what happened to Suffolk during the 70's and 80's. I used to ride out to Montauk in the early 70's 

along Sunrise in Suffolk with very little development along the way past extreme SW Suffolk. Now it's all strip malls

and the usual major franchise stores along the way.

It's similar to what happened to Suffolk during the 70's and 80's. I used to ride out to Montauk in the 70's along

Sunrise in Suffolk with very little development along the way past extreme SW Suffolk. Now it's all strip malls

and the usual major franchise stores along the way.

Exactly. It went from country roads back then, to somewhat developed, and now it's very developed. Lot of malls, and stores opening up wherever they can.

As long as the local people are ok with the development then it should work for the community.

Action Park was one of may favorite places to go during the summer. It was always a long

ride back to Long Island and everyone in the car had plenty of scrapes and bruises.

The trick was knowing how far to push the various rides without really hurting yourself.

There was always some person that pushed things too far and was wiped out next to

one of the attractions getting some type of medical attention. I think the lawsuits finally

did that place in since they used to call it accident park.

only concern is traffic.Vernon gave huge tax credits for the next 7-15 years for the job is my understanding.

I am okay with it as I know how hard jobs are to find locally. I hear 500-800 jobs from local meetings I attend. Not including the build. 

If the min wage in NJ hits $15/hr as I expect will occur, it will do wonders locally.

** the park is insane these days. My favorite is the 25 ft cliff jump into a chilly 25 ft deep pool.

Exactly. It went from country roads back then, to somewhat developed, and now it's very developed. Lot of malls, and stores opening up wherever they can.

Yeah, it's still less crowded out here than the bumper to bumper traffic that I used to regularly get stuck in

in Nassau west of the Meadowbrook. But it's one of the fastest growing counties in NY State during the

2000's.

JerseyWx, on 04 Jun 2016 - 6:15 PM, said:JerseyWx, on 04 Jun 2016 - 6:15 PM, said:

JerseyWx, on 04 Jun 2016 - 6:15 PM, said:

Same here...SI had a lot of farmland when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's.

only concern is traffic.Vernon gave huge tax credits for the next 7-15 years for the job is my understanding.

I am okay with it as I know how hard jobs are to find locally. I hear 500-800 jobs from local meetings I attend. Not including the build. 

If the min wage in NJ hits $15/hr as I expect will occur, it will do wonders locally.

** the park is insane these days. My favorite is the 25 ft cliff jump into a chilly 25 ft deep pool.

Yeah, jobs are tough to come by in the interior NW NJ/NE PA/NY State outside of the big college towns.

Those places can have a really depressed economy for the locals with the main spending

power coming from retired  civil service workers form NYC.

Yeah, it's still less crowded out here than the bumper to bumper traffic that I used to regularly get stuck in

in Nassau west of the Meadowbrook. But it's one of the fastest growing counties in NY State during the

2000's.

Here's the real positive with our project , we have a rail line that cuts right through the property.

We will build a spur and container car it out so we lessen truck traffic.

If you ride up and down 23 in Sussex County all those 25 ton tri axles are loaded with material.

Archived