SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tug hill plateau receives 200-300 inches per year on average. I don't know where your seeing 95. Syracuse averages over 100 and the tug hill does much better lake effect wise than Syracuse.

The problem with Lead South Dakota is half of your snow will fall in October and after April 1. If you crave white Halloweens, Easters and mothers days I suppose it's ideal.

913719c23425e55dd07ae8ab88651fca.jpgim surprised how low that number is.

Sent from MAM

The tug hill plateau receives 200-300 inches per year on average. I don't know where your seeing 95. Syracuse averages over 100 and the tug hill does much better lake effect wise than Syracuse.

The problem with Lead South Dakota is half of your snow will fall in October and after April 1. If you crave white Halloweens, Easters and mothers days I suppose it's ideal.

Fulton is west of the Tug Hill area at a lower elevation.

I hope this isn't a hot summer :cry:

The cool summer fans haven't done too well since 2000-2001. Only 3 summers since then featured below normal

temps using LGA temps. Cool summers have been almost as rare as below normal snowfall over the same stretch

with only 4 dud snowfall winters. 

This summer will be a major torch. That's my thinking.

Dec. 1 to March 31st, has been one of the warmest periods on record and I see no reason that it will stop.

Trees that normally bloom in May are in full bloom here in NE Queens.

Who was looking for the snowiest places to live in the other thread? I found your new home at the base of Krikwood in Sierra. Elevation 7600.  Average snowfall well over 400 inches. http://www.livekirkwood.com/properties/east-meadows/east-meadows-517

Just look for towns at the base of western ski resorts. I would love to live a winter season at a place like this (especially an El Nino year). 

You loves hot and humid weather? How can you do stuff outside in the heat? I rather have temps in the 60s and 70s. That's beautiful.

How do you do it in the cold? What can you really do in the winter around here anyway? I think most find summer much more enjoyable.

Archived