joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/Summer Banter

Mr Bob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For you guys who are good with mid-long range forecasting, I have a question, if you don't mind. I'm running a commercial landscaping company here in Huntsville for my father-in-law. We have a client who is adamant about having her Spring annuals installed next week. Can any of you tell me if we will be getting anymore weather below 45* in the next couple of weeks? Thanks for your troubles, and if you're in the Huntsville area, let me know, and I'll buy you a beer.

For you guys who are good with mid-long range forecasting, I have a question, if you don't mind. I'm running a commercial landscaping company here in Huntsville for my father-in-law. We have a client who is adamant about having her Spring annuals installed next week. Can any of you tell me if we will be getting anymore weather below 45* in the next couple of weeks? Thanks for your troubles, and if you're in the Huntsville area, let me know, and I'll buy you a beer.

I think I would wait until at least after the first week of April, as a cold snap looks possible around then.  Frost, and even a freeze looks likely around that time frame.  Below 45 is almost a certainty if the models are correct. 

Have not looked today...but the LR for the last few days has some well below normal days embedded. Think the first couple weeks of April could be chilly, even where you are. Best of luck!!!

Would definitely wait until mid-April. Looked at the 0z model runs today and even your area is probably not immune to a frost or maybe even a freeze during the first weekend of April...

I think I would wait until at least after the first week of April, as a cold snap looks possible around then. Frost, and even a freeze looks likely around that time frame. Below 45 is almost a certainty if the models are correct.

The 12z Euro has 2m temps on Monday AM(April 4th)right at freezing...32-33F for Huntsville. Should easily be frost if that model is correct.

Went back to my original name.I was thinking about starting a sports thread?Thought i'd ask first the board first.I'm actually excited about the Jaguars this season.We got Fowler coming back (#1 pick last season,tore his ACL in the preseason) and some of the off season pick ups.Being i'm a Braves fan,we will suck next year but taking the Royals approach going to youth we have one of the best farm teams now in the majors.Not sure about Auburn next year,probably will be,who knows?The Vols for once in many years will be the favorite to win the east.Not sure about Mr.Bobs,FSU OR Jeffs Kansas.

Customer is always right...

until they try to fight nature.

Jeff,did you just do this after the game tonight? Sorry man, i was pulling for you guys

Kansas shooting was horrendous. Nope it was not the refs; it was the shooting debacle. Ellis was double teamed and Selden could not hit 3s. KU played like they did at 3 mid-season road games. Thought the problem was fixed at OU, but apparently not.

Easter renewal brings Royals baseball!

I still think the world of Roy Williams so I like UNC. However I am also tired of the national media slobbering all over the ACC. I would like to see the Big 12 shine. Boomer Sooner!

Like Sooner fans. When they came to Neyland this past year, I was really impressed by them. Rank right up there w Cal, Oregon, Montana, and Marshall fans. Also, Rutgers has some great fans as well. Not sure the tourney was seeded well this year IMO. The Zags and MTSU come to mind at the moment. Oregon always seemed a stretch as a one seed.

Just like clockwork, the rain shield is decaying as it progresses eastward. Not good news for those needing rain in the eastern valley. It's been very dry this month. Sure we've had some rain here and there, but never more than .25 in at a time, and that's pushing it on any system this month. I sure hope this is not a sign of what's to come this summer.

Thanks Chinook. What a trip down memory lane! Anyway Runman East Tennessee gets tornadoes. Usually it is during traditional spring tornado season, not the early Deep South version. Wait until April and May, especially starting April 15, and it should get more active in East Tenn. Funny how WAA gets up the Valley so easily in winter to squash snow, but getting temps/dews up in early spring is like pulling teeth. Later in the season climatology takes over and it is warm and humid enough. Still frequency remains higher in North Alabama, not far all things considered. 

Thanks, Chinook and Jeff. I do know that East Tennessee can see tornadoes, lol. I didn't know how many times there's been a high risk issued in East Tennessee. What I found interesting is that Knoxville has never been in a high risk area.

The place to be is around the Southern parts of the Valley,west to east.Lawrence Co into N/Alabama around Florence.Al.,or so has been the "hot spots" the last couple years.Just like last evening.

Dear Cold Weather,

For two of the last three weekends I have been tasked with watching my son play travel baseball outside.  Both of these weekends were cold and windy.  I see in the modeling/forecasts you are working up a bone chilling cold weekend for my son's games.  

I am sure you think it's funny, teasing us with nice weather during the week and then dropping the hammer on us when we go to the ball fields, but my son is only 9 (and skin and bones at that).  Any chance you can you give it a rest after this weekend?

Signed,

Frustrated Dad

Dear Cold Weather,

For two of the last three weekends I have been tasked with watching my son play travel baseball outside.  Both of these weekends were cold and windy.  I see in the modeling/forecasts you are working up a bone chilling cold weekend for my son's games.  

I am sure you think it's funny, teasing us with nice weather during the week and then dropping the hammer on us when we go to the ball fields, but my son is only 9 (and skin and bones at that).  Any chance you can you give it a rest after this weekend?

Signed,

Frustrated Dad

I am glad my daughter's softball days are over...I was fortunate she had one weather savvy coach...He chose not to play the April 7, 2007 cold weekend....

Archived