• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor' Easter Threat Mar. 20th 2016

zenmsav6810

And just as I'm reading your post? Flurries arrive on the other side of Glen Mills.

It's been light and mostly steady since then, we were outside cutting down (and up) a tree and got kind of wet in the process. 36F here now with still some light wet snow falling. Nice, even if it isn't enough to stick.....

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS slp is stronger/further west and has ~ .5" qpf to the del river (looks like about 3" back my way) but trending in the right direction at this late juncture.. We'll see.

Though the nam was a bit drier than its 12z run.

Still anyone's/any models guess.

You will not see 3" based on that output. You'll be lucky to see a slushy coating.

You will not see 3" based on that output. You'll be lucky to see a slushy coating.

All data is ticking N and W with the slp and precip. Blend of amounts from Euro/GFS/NAM/GGEM/RGEM/SREF is a solid 1-3" for his area which falls after dark. Keep in mind the ticks N and W are still ongoing thru the last model output which is the 0z NAM as I type this. This clearly isnt a 'huge' deal West of I95 still, but I think he does better than just a slushy coating that you are saying he will be lucky to see (unless he sleeps in until noon Monday as by that time a slushy coating may be all that remains.....March 21 solar radiation is a killer).

Anyone that thinks they will see meaningful accumulations Del River on west in this set up is a huge weenie

...based on what? All guidance is shifting NW even with the .25-.5 line and is now going to fall towards the evening. 1-3" looks possible with 3 closer to the river. Being negative to be negative....:whistle:

...based on what? All guidance is shifting NW even with the .25-.5 line and is now going to fall towards the evening. 1-3" looks possible with 3 closer to the river. Being negative to be negative....:whistle:

Check surface temps. We barely get to freezing overnight and a majority falls with temps above freezing. You are gonna be disappointed

All data is ticking N and W with the slp and precip. Blend of amounts from Euro/GFS/NAM/GGEM/RGEM/SREF is a solid 1-3" for his area which falls after dark. Keep in mind the ticks N and W are still ongoing thru the last model output which is the 0z NAM as I type this. This clearly isnt a 'huge' deal West of I95 still, but I think he does better than just a slushy coating that you are saying he will be lucky to see (unless he sleeps in until noon Monday as by that time a slushy coating may be all that remains.....March 21 solar radiation is a killer).

Couldn't have said it better myself...

It's the "same old same old" input, rather "output", from him...

as he so correctly identified himself in response to one of my previous posts....lol!!

Now, not saying he's wrong but jees it's truly tiresome...

Sorry!!

Check surface temps. We barely get to freezing overnight and a majority falls with temps above freezing. You are gonna be disappointed

I'm not going to be disappointed, most guidance has me in The 5-6" range even with bad ratio's I should easily see 3-4". And Nam has me at 31 during the height of the storm...

I'm not going to be disappointed, most guidance has me in The 5-6" range even with bad ratio's I should easily see 3-4". And Nam has me at 31 during the height of the storm...

Most guidance?? Are you kidding? Not even that NAM shows that and the GFS is perhaps 1-2 for you with 10:1.

Look, if it over performs I'll be the first to come on here and state I was wrong, but I just think most on here are ignoring the facts. Low rates and temps at or above freezing mean expect far less.

GFS backs off. Next winter I am using a ouija board.

Archived