• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nor' Easter Threat Mar. 20th 2016

zenmsav6810

Models show consistent support for a SECS during March 20th time period. So far the ECM and Ukie have been very bullish on delivering significant late season snow across the most of the E PA and NJ. The ukie setup is close to ideal boasting a well placed high pressure and very deep secondary low. This in contrast to the GFS and GEM which keep the storm track far SE for most of the forecast area. Can we squeak out above average season snowfall? Stay tune for an epic late season model showdown!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CRAS is about 24 hours slower and wants to consolidate everything into on monster slp Sunday night and Monday. Extrapolated based on 500mb would be a big hit post 84 hrs. Of course this isnt a great model per se but glad to see it has the storm. When it fails to show something when all other models do is usually a huge red flag and usually turns out correct. With that said, seems we are in a good spot right now....just timing discrepancies.

UKMET track is a rock, confidence increasing

Yep, looks like merely timing issues now. Saturday night storm start time to early Monday AM start time is the range. I think we want the later start to allow cold air to settle in completely. The models showing early start time/faster solutions look to start as rain or taint with several hours wasted. I am pulling for a Sunday evening start time but that might just be wishful thinking.

here you go bud. Huge hit for us.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

thank you good sir! one word, WOW! would be a historic late march snow storm 8-12+ region wide. hell I'd be ecstatic if we even get half of that. we just need to hope that it doesn't amplify too quickly and shift it west bringing in warmer temps for the coastal plain. only areas that don't do well are coastal south jersey but honestly that area is toast this time of the year no matter what usually.

thank you good sir! one word, WOW! would be a historic late march snow storm 8-12+ region wide. hell I'd be ecstatic if we even get half of that. we just need to hope that it doesn't amplify too quickly and shift it west bringing in warmer temps for the coastal plain. only areas that don't do well are coastal south jersey but honestly that area is toast this time of the year no matter what usually.

I'd be ecstatic if this were mid January and not late March. Saving grace is it will melt within a couple of days as we approach the 60s again. I will admit, with my Magnolia approaching full bloom, it should make for some scenic photo opportunities!

I'd be ecstatic if this were mid January and not late March. Saving grace is it will melt within a couple of days as we approach the 60s again. I will admit, with my Magnolia approaching full bloom, it should make for some scenic photo opportunities!

I'll take snow all through March since winter is so short nowadays. If we do get 12"', it will be a fun way to end winter while going back to spring before long. I admit I am ready for any sustained cold to end,

Archived