• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 6th-8th Severe Potential

andyhb

Just a heads up, the SPC appears to have a server problem that is causing the categorical outlook to not update correctly. I had a friend who was in there yesterday and they mentioned some backend problems. On another note, I hope the HRRR doesn't verify around DFW.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up, the SPC appears to have a server problem that is causing the categorical outlook to not update correctly. I had a friend who was in there yesterday and they mentioned some backend problems. On another note, I hope the HRRR doesn't verify around DFW.

I'm also worried about Austin. it's South By Southwest this week, one of the biggest music/movie/interactive festivals in the world. lots of out-of-towners in that metro attm.

Going to be interesting to see how much affect the storms this morning had on the area.  You can clearly see on visible the outflow out by Abilene this morning that may cause issues for someone.

Yeah, my office is on the 33rd floor and I noticed that the clouds were trying to clear out a bit here in ft worth... Not what you want to see but staying aware.. Would not be shocked to see some supercells this afternoon especially sw of dfw where the line cleared out quicker than the Metropolitan area..

The supercell near Evant TX near State Hwy 281 & 84 (west of Waco) needs to be watched closely and should strengthen to severe status as it moves northeast into a more favorable environment.

Certainly. It might be trying to ride the OFB. The problem with this not easily becoming tornadic is the SRH, especially in the low levels, is negligible. Otherwise it'd be nasty.

hN0DDPq.png

CASA radar showing 80+ mph winds moving towards Ft. Worth

Nice... yeah we got that Ft Worth radar up yesterday morning for the first time.  Thrown straight into the fire... saw a good storm yesterday and today it got hit pretty good earlier as that core moved up I820 through Lake Worth back into Ft Worth.

This is from that same cell... note the droplet sorting in the ZDR image at the bottom... might have to squint at it.

post-992-0-90080800-1457471458_thumb.png

Dewpoints are recovering fairly nicely in the DFW area. We have a range of 64 in Cleburne, 60 at Love Field, 58 at DFW, 61 at FTW-Spinks, and 59 at McKinney. 

Also sitting at 70 at Love Field now, so I guess we can not completely rule anything out rolling in earlier than expected.

Archived