Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.  Para Euro, GGEM (and many ensembles), Euro ensemble, GFS Ensembles.  Are all alluding to a much bigger deal vs UKMET/OP Euro so far.

And I'm willing to bet the cold air is under-done and honestly the Canadian may be modeling it better with the lower dewpoints.  Uh oh.  This has Feb 2014 written all over it for my area.

Well. Para Euro, GGEM (and many ensembles), Euro ensemble, GFS Ensembles. Are all alluding to a much bigger deal vs UKMET/OP Euro so far.

And I'm willing to bet the cold air is under-done and honestly the Canadian may be modeling it better with the lower dewpoints. Uh oh. This has Feb 2014 written all over it for my area.

what's the low track on the para?

Euro para is out on storm vista, who has an update?

Some overrunning precip and snow at the onset for WNC and Central NC, but it the it turns into a cutter over the apps. Trough sharpens just a tad too late and then it cuts off over Boston of course. Interesting enough it pops a surface that tracks from the FL panhandle up off the NC/SC coast.

Some overrunning precip and snow at the onset for WNC and Central NC, but it the it turns into a cutter over the apps. Trough sharpens just a tad too late and then it cuts off over Boston of course. Interesting enough it pops a surface that tracks from the FL panhandle up off the NC/SC coast.

But Mack says big snow ATL northeast? TW

So it has two storms with the first similar to the Euro op?

What's its saying for upstate sc and where are you seeing there totals at I would like to see that map

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You need a pay subscription to see the data.  Here are some sources : stormvista.com , weatherbell.com and eurowx.com  Eurowx.com is the cheapest, but i dont think they offer the parallel run or as many variables as weatherbell.

I have WxBell but can't find Euro Para? where's it at? lol

It may not have run on weatherbell today.  Stormvista finally ran just a little bit ago.   Do you mean you can't find the link location to it?  If not, do the following:

On the model page, find the "ECMWF Parallel HRES 0.0625° & EPS [0.125°]: "

Euro Para takes the weak low from central MS to off the GA coast and then turns it north to Hatteras, really a pretty decent track compared to most guidance. 

Are we allowed to post stormvista here? 

No,

I'd be interested in hearing snow totals. (I.e. where does the 2 inch line run? Macon to Columbia... or atlanta to charlotte? etc..)

Also, surface temps and precip timing would be great if anyone wants to share. lol

Yeah but the 12z op cut the 5h off over WNC and the 12z Para doesn't cut off until around Boston. That trailing piece of energy lags a little on the para so we miss out on the phase and possible deformation band.

I gotcha. So it's a good track just really weak? That's a whole lot better than a cutter.

No,

I'd be interested in hearing snow totals. (I.e. where does the 2 inch line run? Macon to Columbia... or atlanta to charlotte? etc..)

Also, surface temps and precip timing would be great if anyone wants to share. lol

I only have surface map, but overall it's not much snow anywhere outside of the mountains. Quick burst of snow for Atlanta on Northward, maybe 1-2". CAD hangs on with surface temperatures below freezing for a good majority of the event just north of Atlanta, into N SC, and west of Raleigh, NC... but everyone switches to rain for at least some. 

Yeah but the 12z op cut the 5h off over WNC and the 12z Para doesn't cut off until around Boston. That trailing piece of energy lags a little on the para so we miss out on the phase and possible deformation band.

90% of this board will benefit from those parcels not phasing. It's even risky for the mountains to root for a phase, IMO. 

Archived