joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the storm center goes in between KNYC and benchmark. Big storm for NW of big cities. Snow to Rain to Snow for NYC. 2-4" on front. Lots of rain and several inches on the back. I don't see a big negative tilt storm / inland runner here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nowhere close to the BM. Likely runs over NYC. No snow on the front or back end. Rain, and lots of it. 50/50 high keeps this all liquid. Which is fine for me. I've had enough snow the last 2 weeks

This has actually gotten quite funny.

You know funny in that way where you laugh hysterically because you're right at that point of being driven to the edge of insanity.

Yes that kind of funny.

I agree up to the edge of insanity point, its just weather to me these days. That said, I find it absolutely fascinating for our neck of the woods. 

GGEM tourches too, way too warm... No Bueno folks

GGEM does show a quick thump of heavy snow Monday night, before it changes over to ice and then rain. I know the setup is bad, so it's likely that this is mostly a rainstorm. But with a good amount of leftover cold air from the weekend's arctic outbreak, it's hard to believe that this wouldn't start out as frozen Monday night. 

And an ao trending pos, and a pna trending neg, and a pos nao, and HP East of Newfoundland. I can actually see this ending up even farther West than current progs based on the teleconnections.

Yep, don't forget about the EPO going positive too. There was nothing good about this setup, right from the get go, you knew it was doomed.

Yep, don't forget about the EPO going positive too. There was nothing good about this setup, right from the get go, you knew it was doomed.

Im thinking some snow/mix to start for the big cities (DC-NYC) then relatively quickly over to plain rain. After the moderation next week, winter does return however. We aren't quite finished just yet imo.

Archived