Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Post Super Bowl Clipper/Upslope/Flizzard Snow Feb 8-10

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't expect this this evening...

532 PM EST MON FEB 8 2016 ...A LINE OF HEAVY RAIN SHOWERS WITH GUSTY WINDS WILL AFFECTPORTIONS OF JOHNSTON...EASTERN CUMBERLAND...WAKE...NASH...WILSON...SOUTHERN FRANKLIN... WAYNE...EASTERN HARNETT ANDSAMPSON COUNTIES UNTIL 700 PM EST...AT 529 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED ALINE OF HEAVY RAIN SHOWERS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM NEAR RDUINTERNATIONAL TO LILLINGTON TO FAYETTEVILLE...AND MOVING EAST AT 35MPH.WIND GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH AND PEA SIZE HAIL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THISBAND OF SHOWERS.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...RALEIGH...CARY...ROCKY MOUNT...GOLDSBORO...SMITHFIELD...CLINTON...NASHVILLE...WILSON...WAKE FOREST AND GARNER.

Future radar looks to dry out quite a bit by midnight...

Special weather statement brings some hope for tomorrow around north metro ATL.....

A COLD AIRMASS ALONG WITH A SERIES OF UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCES

WILL INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR SNOW SHOWERS OR SNOW FLURRIES ON

TUESDAY ACROSS NORTHWEST AND WEST-CENTRAL GEORGIA. ACCUMULATIONS

OF 1/2 TO 1 INCH WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS DADE...WALKER...CHATTOOGA

AND FLOYD COUNTIES. A DUSTING TO 1/2 INCH IS POSSIBLE TO THE SOUTH

AND EAST OF THESE AREAS...INCLUDING THE ATLANTA METRO AREA. THE

BEST CHANCE TO SEE SNOW SHOWERS AND ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE BETWEEN

10 AM AND 10 PM TUESDAY.

SHORT BURSTS OF HEAVIER SNOW COULD ACCOMPANY THE SHOWERS BY

TUESDAY AFTERNOON WHICH COULD QUICKLY COVER THE GROUND AND CAUSE

SLICK ROADS

light snow and 29 in ne ga - i am surprised we have any moisture with this set up, but i am not complaining (other than i wish it would snow harder lol)

The rgem has been showing the snow trying to organize into bands and dropping 2 to 4 as far south as atlanta...doubt that happens but I do suspect most will get a decent dusting to one inch...except downslope areas of ne ga of course ...mainly because of temps warming up today into the upper 30s.

I'm up here between gainesville and Dawsonville with mainly just flurries...expect it to pick up though shortly ...there has been a light dusting so far. Temp is down to 29 and I don't really expect temps to get much above freezing, if at all. Hoping for an inch but we'll see.

Archived