SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is some reading on the deepening coastal storm from a different perspective. Royal Caribbean cruise ship "Anthem". 

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2312327

"Thanks Lisa, we are on the ship now, a large white structure broke off the top of the ship and landed in the pool (I believe it was on of the radar balls). I spoke to some crew member who said crew was only responding to critical emergencies currently, 2 passengers had heart attacks (that was about 2 hours ago). Thanks for your support of RC."

"We'll be disembarking tomorrow, ship is too damaged to continue. Ceiling collapsed on deck 14."

Here is some reading on the deepening coastal storm from a different perspective. Royal Caribbean cruise ship "Anthem". 

"Thanks Lisa, we are on the ship now, a large white structure broke off the top of the ship and landed in the pool (I believe it was on of the radar balls). I spoke to some crew member who said crew was only responding to critical emergencies currently, 2 passengers had heart attacks (that was about 2 hours ago). Thanks for your support of RC."

"We'll be disembarking tomorrow, ship is too damaged to continue. Ceiling collapsed on deck 14."

Pretty cool find! :)

Certainly a dereliction of duty!

What meteorological services do they use anyway?

A review of the models Saturday would have told them to alter courae or delay the trip.

Certainly a dereliction of duty!

What meteorological services do they use anyway?

A review of the models Saturday would have told them to alter courae or delay the trip.

This is the ship.  I'd hate to be trying to turn that thing in 100kt winds.  Add 30ft+ seas to the mix and you have something that would make Jack Sparrow pee his pants.  Only thing missing is a Kraken.

medium800.jpg

This is the ship.  I'd hate to be trying to turn that thing in 100kt winds.  Add 30ft+ seas to the mix and you have something that would make Jack Sparrow pee his pants.  Only thing missing is a Kraken.

passengers are saying she listed 45 degrees a few times......I imagine the puke flow was high as well

re: the ship.

I've read several stories about it now this morning, and almost all of them call it an "unexpected storm". Even the Cruise line's blog called it that. SMH.

re: the storm.

Pressure is now down to 976.

It's really hard for me to get a grasp on how this type of thing happens.  It just seems pretty basic to me that if you are going to send a ship out on a cruise that you have a good handle on the upcoming forecasts.

Not fair skimming off our leftovers

Archived