• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

Anytime white gold is falling i get excited. And i love to see you guys here get excited as well.

Me too. But it's not looking good for accumulations on paved surfaces at least in the city. That's the true white gold for me. Looks like an eastern Suffolk special. We haven't had one of those in a while. There was a sick one back in the late 90s (sick for them) where the hamptons had like 6" and Montauk 10". Meanwhile a dusting west of the Nassau border

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please get that piece in the GL to phase in? Please and thank you. Seriously though, a nice look on the GFS. High end potential certainly, with goalposts set a bit further north than last time around.

It's in a really crappy spot at the moment because it's helping to guide the system OTS. 

Early thoughts...

I think this is going to be a really close call for those south of NYC based on what the foreign models look like right now. I'm afraid that this doesn't deepen quick enough to really give the Metro a run at another major shot. Favoring New England heavily right now. 

Miller B's are always the most heart-breaking ones to track. 

9mhwbg_conus.gif

UKMET might even be more west.

Also, doesn't mean much but the Navgem came well west as well now and is similar to the ukmet.

I think the UKMET may have been the only model that was well west at this range on the light snow event on the 17th as well. This may play out similar where everything moves west inside 36-42 hours

I think the UKMET may have been the only model that was well west at this range on the light snow event on the 17th as well. This may play out similar where everything moves west inside 36-42 hours

Anymore west then the ukmet, and it's a warning level snow.

Early thoughts...

I think this is going to be a really close call for those south of NYC based on what the foreign models look like right now. I'm afraid that this doesn't deepen quick enough to really give the Metro a run at another major shot. Favoring New England heavily right now.

Miller B's are always the most heart-breaking ones to track.

9mhwbg_conus.gif

I agree. This one has New England event written all over it

Also, 

Do not worry about the precipitation depictions this far out. If you have RH fields available to you, use them! Even the European was too bearish with its QPF output due to how intense and coiled up the low was. The shield would have extended much further NW and would have spread the intensity of precip out as well. But I digress. Precip is the last thing to worry about. 

Anytime you see the 0C line nosing into the center of a mid-latitude cyclone, its a monster. Lets just get a general idea of what the H5 setup will be for Wave 3. 

b568b85d71143295dca1e7ce972a697d.png

Miller Bs are nearly always a thread the needle event for us. It's something to certainly watch, but keep in mind how many times we've been burned. 

There have been jump zones with these but there is an omega block over the top with this one that would slow this down and deepen to your S .

Archived