SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an ABSOLUTE quick-hitting animal on the European and it could have been even stronger.

I pointed out this time period a few days ago to be extremely volatile and now it's showing up.

The GFS was also a hair away from a bomb like the EURO, I'd like to stay cautious until Wave 1 and two are out of the way

5f93a9a3a57d1464bec32e7dd0d19101.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Please go over time frame ..wave one Is Friday ...when is time frame for potential wave #2 and #3

Away from here today was wave 1 . Ignore here . 

For this board  Friday (  hit - a few inches or just a shave ) would be Wave 1 . Tuesday would be Wave 2 . 

Upton with Friday's wave

"THERMAL PROFILES SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE OF SNOW THURSDAY

NIGHT...ESPECIALLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE ACROSS PARTS OF LONG ISLAND AND SOUTH EAST CT TOWARDS DAYBREAK FRIDAY. THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR ADVISORY LEVEL AMOUNTS HERE. IF MODEL TRENDS CONTINUE...THEN SOME LIGHT ACCUMULATING SNOW WOULD BE POSSIBLE FURTHER WEST. "

Since last night precip introduced into the NYC area albeit at this time POP of 20%, 30% with marginal surface temperatures and warmer ground.   Any snowfall occurring overnight could have more success at accumulating (one factor, being cooler- will see.)  An active and interesting pattern over the next several days.  As I've heard, "timing is everything" or at least quite important when it comes to weather forecasting.

ZONE FORECAST PRODUCT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
557 AM EST WED FEB 3 2016

NYZ072-032130-
NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-
557 AM EST WED FEB 3 2016

.TODAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN THIS MORNING. RAIN THIS AFTERNOON.
PATCHY FOG THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S. SOUTHEAST WINDS
10 TO 15 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT...RAIN...MAINLY IN THE EVENING. PATCHY FOG. RAIN MAY BE
HEAVY AT TIMES IN THE EVENING. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. SOUTH WINDS
10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHWEST AROUND
5 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE MORNING...
THEN PARTLY SUNNY IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. HIGHS
IN THE MID 50S. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE
EVENING...THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS
IN THE MID 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
20 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 40.
.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS
IN THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN A
CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

Keep in mind that the RGEM is notoriously over amped at 48hrs so if it's showing a scraper at that range it probably means this will eventually miss.

The Ukmet being so far west for 3 runs in a row now is a flag, IMO.

Wouldn't count this one out yet.

Especially that Forky has been on board.

Not sure how each storm staying with today's is labeled, but the Friday/threat 2, seems to still be happening. Best chances still look for long island! Good stretch coming up!

You are in a great spot for Friday.

Srefs, Rgem and Ukmet all have 2"-3" for you.

I just can't get excited anymore about non KU events when the bar has been raised so high in the 2000's.

Something like this would have been nice during the snow drought years from the 80's into the early 90's

or even late 90's. But not compared to blizzards jackpotting over 20 inches on an almost annual basis

around the area.

I can.

I just can't get excited anymore about non KU events when the bar has been raised so high in the 2000's.

Something like this would have been nice during the snow drought years from the 80's into the early 90's

or even late 90's. But not compared to blizzards jackpotting over 20 inches on an almost annual basis

around the area.

You get excited for random statistical oddities like 6+ inches of snow in a month following well above normal temps... but you can't get psyched for a ground whitener? ;)

around the area.

Anytime white gold is falling i get excited. And i love to see you guys here get excited as well.

around the area.

I don`t think you have seen your last KU of the year . 

I don`t think you have seen your last KU of the year .

Hope you are right. But, as far as this storm is concerned, when was the last time a Miller B dropped a KU storm on NYC and points west? Last time I remember was BDB. Obviously, LI and SNE got crushed by the Blizzards of '13 and '15, but we didn't get nearly the impact from those storms.

Hope you are right. But, as far as this storm is concerned, when was the last time a Miller B dropped a KU storm on NYC and points west? Last time I remember was BDB. Obviously, LI and SNE got crushed by the Blizzards of '13 and '15, but we didn't get nearly the impact from those storms.

a decent chunk of sne fared worse than nyc last jan

Archived