SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also from Olney. it's not raining or sleeting here. But the majority of flakes were clearly rimed when I last went out (15 or so minutes ago) and almost graupel like so it makes sense for the majority of the precipitation to be mistaken as sleet.

Update nevertheless:

20F

~6-7'' on the ground last I measured - unofficially.

heavy snow with some moderate wind.

Someone drive to Olney and take pics of the rain/sleet.

Dropped a picture of the insane snowfall I'm getting under the deathband in the photos thread: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47708-photos-thread-for-jan-22-24-blizzard/?p=3916797

Pure snow. No sleet mixing. Still going strong 25 minutes after it started, and radar shows an almost endless stream coming.

This is very very dry snow. I've got zero flakes sticking to the deck - it's all just blowing clear off with the 25-30mph surface winds I'm getting. I've got no way to give any sort of useful snow depth reading; all I have are windswept areas or drifts.

Ashton md. it is not dumping snow here as of now 12:36am there is no wind. I had 2 drivers call in report of rain/sleet , I noticed it myself in olney, per my so called trolling post.

I'm in Olney and it's snowing out but rimmed so some does ping off windows

Archived