• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

Even with a crap solution the GFS spits out .50-.75" liquid... Easily 4-8" of long duration snows.. I'd take it in a heartbeat

Yeah, agreed... there's a chance for some of us to double our YTD snowfall totals next week. There will be winners and losers in that kind of setup, but the GFS illustrates the potential for periods of good snow growth and, by extension, decent accumulation rates.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, agreed... there's a chance for some of us to double our YTD snowfall totals next week. There will be winners and losers in that kind of setup, but the GFS illustrates the potential for periods of good snow growth and, by extension, decent accumulation rates.

I'd love to watch that main low ride the coast.. Not gonna happen tho

I used to think quite a bit about moving to South Florida for the TC prospects, but the US hurricane drought has been brutal over the last decade. I can begrudgingly tolerate year-round warmth if it means exciting storms - year-round ennui, however, is unacceptable. 

only location that I would live in FL is key west.

Don't speak enough spanish to live in Miami, you need to know spanish in miami.

park city is high on my list. got to figure out a work situation.

It usually takes me three days before I get bored with the bar scene on Duval Street and have to go explore the parks and nature preserves up the road... lol. Key West is nice but living there would probably suck after a while. I do like Smathers Beach, but beautiful beaches are a dime per dozen along US 1.

I don't go to Duvel street past 5 pm.

agree with you.

Plenty of nice spots outside  duvel.

Love  Salute on the beach

I am a seasoned Key West person

Something about the middle Keys just sits better with me.  Maybe because they're less pretentious and just more 'real.'  People live and work there, sure some play there too but they just feel more like a landing place to me.  Marathon has shopping, recreation (golf courses), places to ride a bike other than A1A, some fantastic restaurants and bars and an airport. It just feels more like a mainland town but runs on Keys time and at Keys speed.  Big Pine is smaller and quieter, has great fishing spots, the million dollar bar and the Key Deer Preserve and a couple of good places to eat and drink but it is a bit in the redneck side. Key West is just a bit too frenetic for me, great place to party though!

Whatever happened to those coastal storms where the NYC area ( and everyone)  starts as snow, and after 1-4 inches of snow...the snow changes to rain in and near NYC metro,  Rockland county would stay snow for awhile and get 5-8 before the changeover, and Orange county northwest through Monticello would get all snow totaling a foot or so. During the 1980's and 90's, ( and thru 2009 or so) that used to happen ALL THE TIME. These days, it's NYC and Long Island that gets the best of it. The worlds upside down! 

Something about the middle Keys just sits better with me.  Maybe because they're less pretentious and just more 'real.'  People live and work there, sure some play there too but they just feel more like a landing place to me.  Marathon has shopping, recreation (golf courses), places to ride a bike other than A1A, some fantastic restaurants and bars and an airport. It just feels more like a mainland town but runs on Keys time and at Keys speed.  Big Pine is smaller and quieter, has great fishing spots, the million dollar bar and the Key Deer Preserve and a couple of good places to eat and drink but it is a bit in the redneck side. Key West is just a bit too frenetic for me, great place to party though!

Yea..I get it. I have friends that live up the keys. It's quiet etc.

I bought land in stock island 6 years ago.

Key deer preserve is cool.

Mega mansions up they keys in certain areas.

Key West is nice. plenty of what I need as noted.

Nothing wrong man. Just thought the call out by you was wrong about what I saw in the model.

Apologize for the firehouse comment.

Matt

My point was that you were posting that the Norlun was gone at said Hr, as if it was ever there in the first place at that time frame, which it has NEVER been... leading many readers on to believe it was gone entirely.. Your posts were misleading to people not seeing the model run

You said the Norlun looked garbage etc etc, and heaviest snow was to the south of NYC, where in reality.. NYC sees almost a foot on the GFS.

Don't wanna continue this arguement but please refrain from referring to my home or my occupation.. Concidering I NEVER mention my firehouse.. EVER.. Gives you no right to mention it

My point was that you were posting that the Norlun was gone at said Hr, as if it was ever there in the first place at that time frame, which it has NEVER been... leading many readers on to believe it was gone entirely.. Your posts were misleading to people not seeing the model run

You said he Norlun looked garbage etc etc, and heaviest snow was to the south of NYC, where in reality.. NYC sees almost a foot on the GFS.

Don't wanna continue this arguement but please refrain from referring to my home or my occupation.. Concidering I NEVER mention my firehouse.. EVER.. Gives you no right to mention it

NYC does not see a foot. Heaviest snow was still well south of NYC.

hr 54 when I posted my comment and you made the call out -I said  no snow NYC

Again I apologize for personal comments.

Stand by my model analysis.

carry on. You get very sensitive. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived