• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

Tempering myself with the Euro.... Lest we forget what happened a year ago this month regarding the Euro.  E.g., - http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45530-dissecting-the-bust/

The bust last year was a little different situation the storm was much more complicated and had three different lows involved. Also if I remember the NAM was the first to show the snow signal. Agreed caution is needed. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as i have   been saying

If this storm is anything close to the 83 storm, you young folks are in for a real show. Heaviest sustained snowfall I have ever witnessed, 2 to 3 inch an hour snows for probably about 15 hours. Storm also had thundersnow with total snowfall in the Lancaster Co area of right around 30" from what I measured. My favorite snowstorm of all time based on sheer snowfall intensity and as in true El Niño fashion it rained 3 days later.

Well looks like my more wet than white scenario isn't looking good right now and I hope that continues. Still a long road to travel and I remain cautious.

Your initial call for the primary to head towards the Lakes had me thinking about you when the GGEM and GFS were taking the primary toawrd Pitt past few days. Nothing is etched in stone yet still. I will start believing the model hype and really get my heart set on an event come this time Tuesday night if things still look decent. Until then, it's all rainbows and unicorns. 

No doubt it's going to do a lot of jogging in the next couple days, only to jog slightly back.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. El Nino still rules the show this winter. It can only jog so far South before we possibly lose it to suppression completely. Not sure this is a pattern where we can bank on the old North trend, but who knows.

Trust me a run is coming real soon where many.....maybe not Ralph will say it will be shunted to the south. I will be very disappointed if models do not show a storm missing the Northern Mid-Atlantic to the south over the next few days. Now some of you that believe models are an actual forecast will be upset....but I am hoping for a suppressed run of the GFS over the next couple days....if you like snow you want the models to show it missing to the south. That said many on here will call....winter over and/or next storm as this one will miss us to the south.....interesting times ahead this week!

Self-proclaimed newb here who only follows severe weather.....

Through my experience DT is very conservative, and always see patterns ahead of everyone else - he normally isn't this bullish unless he is fairly confident. I'm always skeptical about DT, especially when he consistently posts "negative" forecasts that run contrary to the models. But he proves me wrong every time, and this is why I'm a newb.

I'll just mainly follow this in silence, so don't worry.

0Z Monday op GFS  thru 96 hrs has   closed 500 Low over ne TX- Not over  MISSOURI   or  OH like 12z GFS --  HIUGE  shift south

very good news for those wanting the    last several european model runs / EPS  to verify 

Archived