Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18-22" in SEPA on the ECM snowmaps. JMA must have 3' lol

Crazy signal and more importantly, fair agreement among models! I really hate being ground zero at day 4-5....you just know this is going to shift and change somehow. It is inevitable. Not trying to be a wet blanket, but we all need to keep expectations low thru at LEAST 0Z Wednesday imo. 

Crazy signal and more importantly, fair agreement among models! I really hate being ground zero at day 4-5....you just know this is going to shift and change somehow. It is inevitable. Not trying to be a wet blanket, but we all need to keep expectations low thru at LEAST 0Z Wednesday imo. 

Still 24hrs away from red alert mode. I like the ECM consistency now and the current system passing off the coast was well modeled from 5 days out.

Do us all a favor though....PLEASE do not tune up, start, test out, or fill your new snowblower with gas until the first flakes fall.   :blink:

Good you said that I was prepared to go to Tractor Supply to get some spare auger sheer bolts it's something I have put off for the last two months...

Kind of like a golf tournament: can't win one on the first day of an even but you sure can lose it. Hard to remember the last time we had model agreement across the board.  Any speculations: what problems would this storm have if it went further west?

Further west would cause mixing issues. Loving the agreement we have right now - hopefully we can get at least a solid 4-8 inch storm. And a huge hit would wipe away those bad December memories.

Kind of like a golf tournament: can't win one on the first day of an even but you sure can lose it. Hard to remember the last time we had model agreement across the board.  Any speculations: what problems would this storm have if it went further west?

I think chances of a track north is remote, mostly fear the more progressive south track taking the big hit to Va and Md

Tempering myself with the Euro.... Lest we forget what happened a year ago this month regarding the Euro. E.g., - http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45530-dissecting-the-bust/

Trying to keep myself calm as of now and not telling my wife or our German exchange student, who flipped out last week when we picked up that quick inch and she said " it takes all day to snow this much in Germany". We get that 18" that the Euro is calling for we will both be flipping out.

Archived