joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17-18th Cape Scrape and Inverted Trough

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short Range models show chance for southern stream energy and coastal storm to come up the eastern US seaboard. Chances are still low, but are getting higher for light snow accumulations. Also an inverted trough is dropping southward on the models, could impact Eastern MA. Still a lot of questions in the air.

Nice call on this one James.  

Who is working slowly down the coast, and why does what ever they are doing cost $250/ hr?

The generator has been a terrible investment so far in 2 years. It's been on for a total of 13 hrs. If you think about the hourly cost it's very high. Every hour it stays on my cost goes down.

I know one of these storms it will be a life saver. We're due for a cane.

-Andrew

The generator has been a terrible investment so far in 2 years. It's been on for a total of 13 hrs. If you think about the hourly cost it's very high. Every hour it stays on my cost goes down.

-Andrew

That's the same logic I use at the Chinese buffet. Each trip I make up to the buffet brings my cost per plate down.

-Andrew

Oh.  Yeah, it will eventually pay for itself.  Mine did pretty quickly as I had it on for about 6 days (I would do 14 hrs. on/ 8hrs. off) during one of those tropical storms a few years back that shut the power down for about a week.

Well, I'll take some $hit of this, but 4".

What a pleasant surprise upon wakening and reaching for the shovel.

4"

Time to prepare for the ext 12" +

#ninoheater

Jay was all over it....I slept on it, quite literally :lol:

Second pleasant memory of an inverted trough in my life.

Time for back pats, lol. We snow

@steveginx Tweeted Jan 16 9:24 pm

@capecodweather I am more impressed with Sunday night Monday potential for the coastline

I'm not sure I buy the 6.0 report on the storm report page but to be honest I haven't gone out to check on things. It still looks beautiful out after the recent snowfall, especially with the sun peeking out now. Just eyeballing it from out the window it seems we have more snow on hard surfaces like our back railing than on the grass itself. Congrats on everyone who picked up their first real measurable snow of the season.

Archived