• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

So when we were talking about this total pattern "flip"...

We were talking about warm and wet to cold and dry, right? #12zEURO

:lol: :lol:

Well EPS isn't going to make anyone happy, LOL. It's pretty much got one system now that's good for Great Lakes interior NE. Maybe later in Jan we see snow...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand ?? Everyday the cold and storm potential is still 11-15 days out! How can that happen for the last 7 days, and the goods are still 11-15 days away!???

I don't know but I think the pattern is still "changing" and its going to take till end of Jan till really get a settled in pattern, LOL.  But, this is what we are left with, transient cold, intense cold, but it scurry out fairly quickly...comes in on the 12th and gone by the 17th.

I don't know but I think the pattern is still "changing" and its going to take till end of Jan till really get a settled in pattern, LOL.  But, this is what we are left with, transient cold, intense cold, but it scurry out fairly quickly...comes in on the 12th and gone by the 17th.

I'm worried that it's not gonna settle in. It is the southeast. 

*Edit* But I would rather have a 50/50 chance of cooler temps and moisture meeting up anyway then just have it be really cold with sunshine everyday.

Won't be long before we see Wow's ensemble member fantasy maps he posted in the disco thread showing up on the operationals during that time period.  Pretty much all in for 1/17 and it's nowhere near in range. Weenie run incoming, 18z was close...look at the HP's surrounding a coastal like that...reminds me of...should I say it?

People were going bonkers over fantasy maps that were 10+ days out, and then when the maps changed (and of course they were going to change) they pretty much collectively held their noses until their faces turned blue. :)

It's the same silly drama every winter. Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Whenever the first legit winterstorm affects our region, I'm sure we won't be able to (accurately or confidently well as accurate/confident as you can get for the SE) see it coming until were within 3-4 days. The only thing I feel confident about is the cold. All that other stuff can/will work it's way out if a winter storm is meant to be within the next 1.5-3 weeks. If you ask me, that storm around the 10th-11th on the 12z GFS (even 6z) was darn close to a winter storm, you just needed that Big HP sliding out of Canada into MT to have been about 12 hrs faster. I still feel confident some members on here will get lucky with some wintry mischief in the 10th-15th timeframe, we'll see..

EDIT: Although it's a pity the precipitation straddling along the Gulf Coast isn't a good 500 miles north, some of us would probably be seeing wintry precip right now (including me). :lol:

Observation banter ...

The sandhill cranes finally showed up today in massive droves/flocks - a full 6 weeks late.

They fly ahead of the cold from Canada and Minnesota and winter here. Usually show up in mid-November.

If it's ever going to get real cold here, they disappear south to lower Fla about 72 hours in advance of the cold.

If they leave, I'll post and warn all of you!

Won't be long before we see Wow's ensemble member fantasy maps he posted in the disco thread showing up on the operationals during that time period.  Pretty much all in for 1/17 and it's nowhere near in range. Weenie run incoming, 18z was close...look at the HP's surrounding a coastal like that...reminds me of...should I say it?

I really like the 12z GEFS in the long range, that would be a great pattern.  Let's see if 18z GEFS holds/builds on it.  This -EPO, deep eastern trough that extends from HB does nothing for me, all that's going to do is invite cutters/runners and hit the MA/NE again, had enough of that the past few winters.

I'm really liking the ignore feature! I honestly didn't realize it was a real thing all these years. 3 users ignored so far.

"you ignored this post, view it anyway?" no, no...that's why I chose to ignore the poster, I don't want to view it at all.

"you ignored this post, view it anyway?" no, no...that's why I chose to ignore the poster, I don't want to view it at all.

Yeah, on my desktop the posts are not so obvious as the mobile version. After a couple of days, I have gained the willpower not to care enough to view it anyway. The other drawback is that if someone else quotes a blocked user's post, you can see it. I will say that it saves me from reading at least 20 posts per day that are useless. I'll take it.

Archived