• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec. 26th-27th Severe Events

Quincy

I wonder what made the area around Dallas the hotspot today. The latest surface winds look maybe a little more backed and slightly stronger, but not by too much. Don't see much of a boundary either (aside from the obvious cold front). Maybe it was just the sweet spot where the colder temps aloft began overspreading the warm sector?

2015122701_metars_abi.gif

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what made the area around Dallas the hotspot today. The latest surface winds look maybe a little more backed and slightly stronger, but not by too much. Don't see much of a boundary either (aside from the obvious cold front). Maybe it was just the sweet spot where the colder temps aloft began overspreading the warm sector?

2015122701_metars_abi.gif

very impressive LLVL shear and shear + low LCL + moderate instability + just enough low-level Cape...

I should have clarified, I meant compared to the rest of the warm sector. Today's reports thus far are very concentrated in a small area.

today.gif

well wasn't any discrete DMC in the rest of the warm sector.. Otherwise this would've been-- like FWD said-- a tornado outbreak.

OMG Jeff P almost got stabbed by a guy with a knife!

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1vAxRPpWkwjGl

Around the 12:30 mark on that link ^

He said in his 35 years of chasing, he's never had someone attack him. He stopped to help the guy. The guy mumbled something about an attorney, and grabbed Jeff by the throat and tried to stab him. Jeff went down the road and got a police officer. 

Hearing reports that the Target supercenter in Garland has been "leveled" according to scanner traffic..

holy. Hardly ever hear of buildings like that getting LEVELED. If that is actually true, that's very impressive. Hopefully no one was really inside, or if they were, they were in a safe location..

holy. Hardly ever hear of buildings like that getting LEVELED. If that is actually true, that's very impressive. Hopefully no one was really inside, or if they were, they were in a safe location..

You must have missed what happened in Joplin then. Those big box stores do not hold up well against tornadoes. The way they are constructed, if a wall fails then the roof will likely come down.

I'm not sure if this report is even true, but I disagree with what you said.  I believe a big box type store was hit in NC a few years back and collapsed(Might have been in 2011 as well). 

Archived