Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Observation Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the T ball index?

Just a little index we made up for Brick and his sons t ball games, mostly for fun! He was whining about getting t storms on the days they had a game and the make up games getting rained out. The official scale is 0-10. 0 being a hard rain and no chance of a game and 10 being no clouds in the sky and full sun= game on! This was so much rain, it was atleast a -5! :)

Cloudy and 64

Just a little index we made up for Brick and his sons t ball games, mostly for fun! He was whining about getting t storms on the days they had a game and the make up games getting rained out. The official scale is 0-10. 0 being a hard rain and no chance of a game and 10 being no clouds in the sky and full sun= game on! This was so much rain, it was atleast a -5! :)

Cloudy and 64

Good one.  :lmao:

Topped out at 92 in Waycross today. Was 65 here.

I wonder if that's an all time record for the state of Georgia in November. It's gotta be close. It should also be noted that it was 92 with dp's in the mid to upper 70s. Heat index was near 105. Possibly the warmest November day in Georgia history.

I wonder if that's an all time record for the state of Georgia in November. It's gotta be close. It should also be noted that it was 92 with dp's in the mid to upper 70s. That would probably mean a heat index over 100. Possibly the warmest November day in Georgia history.

Not sure if it was a record, but that area of heat south and east of this storm is definitely legit. 92 with a dewpoint of 76 gives a HI of 105. Thats just sickening in November.

Hey, Chris, have you been getting above normal rains in comparison to the last 15 years or so?  It's been amazing here since Summer.  I got 5.6 in the last 28 or so hours, and this is about normal for me lately. If it rains at all I get an inch, and since 1999 I've been counting my rain in 100's, and if I was lucky in 10ths. This is what I got used to in the 90's.  It just poured here after midnight.  So loud it kept waking me up, lol, and the same the night before.  For so long the gulf tap trains were just to my west and ignored me, and now they love me, lol.  Tony

Yeah most definitely..and really it's been like this for a few years now. That's not to say there hasn't been any dry spells and some screwjobs but overall it seems like it has been. It really seems like there has been an unusual amount of really big precip events, I've lost track on how many there has been this year. This last one I finished with 5.75..getting a half foot of rain in October/early November is pretty impessive...even though that seems tiny vs the SC flood totals lol

Just check out the yearly, monthly, and weekly radar estimated totals and you can see just how wet it's been. As you can see a lot of areas between i20 and i85 and of course much more so for sc are already well ahead of climo for the entire year and we still have 2 months to go.It sure beats what seemed like endless drought or really dry conditions of years past. 

http://water.weather.gov/precip/

Archived