joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Observation Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty much a flood here...very heavy rain all morning and now Closing in on 4 inches. There are individual elements in this band that are small but numerous and efficient...  producing very high rates. Probably got another inch or two to go before this band finally moves on.

Wow... they dropped our 1-2" today down to "New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.." ??? Don't see the reasoning behind that at the rate it's falling.

This is what they have for RDU....1.5-2" QPF.   Looks good to me, not sure what we had up to now, maybe an 1".  

Today

Rain. High near 65. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible. 
Tonight
Rain. Low around 57. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Tuesday
Areas of drizzle with a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 64. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Up to .79" since 7:00 AM --- 1.97" since yesterday afternoon.

Radio Alarm just went off -- FF Watch -

THROUGH 5 AM TUESDAY MORNING.* RECENT HEAVY RAIN HAS LED TO NEARLY SATURATED GROUND OVER THE  PIEDMONT. A WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO TRACK ALONG A  NEARLY STATIONARY FRONT OVER THE SOUTHERN PIEDMONT AND SANDHILLS  THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. BANDS OF HEAVY RAIN ARE EXPECTED TO  CONTINUE TO DEVELOP AND OVERSPREAD THE PIEDMONT ALONG AND NORTH  OF THE BOUNDARY THROUGH THE DAY INTO TONIGHT. ADDITIONAL  RAINFALL MAY TOTAL BETWEEN 2 AND 3 INCHES. IF THESE RAINFALL  TOTALS MATERIALIZE... FLASH FLOODING WILL BE POSSIBLE...  ESPECIALLY ON AREA STREAMS... CREEKS... AND URBAN LOCATIONS.

pretty much a flood here...very heavy rain all morning and now Closing in on 4 inches. There are individual elements in this band that are small but numerous and efficient...  producing very high rates. Probably got another inch or two to go before this band finally moves on.

Hey, Chris, have you been getting above normal rains in comparison to the last 15 years or so?  It's been amazing here since Summer.  I got 5.6 in the last 28 or so hours, and this is about normal for me lately. If it rains at all I get an inch, and since 1999 I've been counting my rain in 100's, and if I was lucky in 10ths. This is what I got used to in the 90's.  It just poured here after midnight.  So loud it kept waking me up, lol, and the same the night before.  For so long the gulf tap trains were just to my west and ignored me, and now they love me, lol.  Tony

Archived