SnowHabit
Which November will show up? November 2015 obs/discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow nice information...so

It definitely was the coldest winter month for me. I was born in 85

It was interesting how the low departures were so impressive, but the the lowest reading of the month 

in numerous locations couldn't compete with the lowest temperatures from 1977 to 1994.

Looking back on February 2015 that might have been the coldest winter month I have ever experienced here...-11 is just insane for NYC in the winter

Yea, that was one of the coldest months I've experienced, probably rivals Jan '94 and Feb '96 for me (those were in VA).

I don't think we got below freezing in lower Manhattan, all the PWS around me got down to around 35.  We still have flowers everywhere!

since 1917-18 the coldest 30 day periods are...

year...ave temp for 30 days...

1917-18.....19.0...late December to late January...

1933-34.....19.6...February...

1935-36.....20.6...January into February...

1947-48.....21.5...January into February...

1976-77.....21.9...most of January...

1980-81.....22.2...late December to late January...

1919-20.....22.4...most of January into February...

2003-04.....22.5...January into February...

1993-94.....23.5...January into February...

1944-45.....23.8...most of January...

2014-15.....23.9...February...

1969-70.....24.0...late December to late January...

The last 2 days should be the coldest of the month at -6 for NYC and bring the departure down 5.2

A quick rebound to milder the next several days with more 60+ degree potential by Thursday

or Friday.

And the Friday warmth isn't advertised to be as warm as predicted earlier. The NWS forecast is now only for a high of 60.

Pressure up to 30.77" on my digital barometer and still rising.   Model output says  peak will be 30.84".    Diurnal peak usually occurs right about now and then falls between 10am-4pm.     All time peak is 31.08".   Anyone know what the peak pressure is for each month?   Please post.   Thanks.

Westhampton hit 31 already.

You should move out there. Sounds like you would love it!!

Dropping nicely here tonight as well. I noticed all the perennials on my property are shot as of today so we definitely had our TKO freeze here the last two nights. Knock out roses are still blooming. That's one ridiculous plant!!!

You should move out there. Sounds like you would love it!!

Dropping nicely here tonight as well. I noticed all the perennials on my property are shot as of today so we definitely had our TKO freeze here the last two nights. Knock out roses are still blooming. That's one ridiculous plant!!!

Still some trees with yellow leaves on them. Not many, and they're not fully leafed out, but pretty cool to see considering all the wind and cold we've had.

33° as of now. What a difference from last Thanksgiving Eve where I would have had 5.5" of snow! Turkey Day would have been Chilly too, 30s for highs if I'm not mistaken.

Archived