joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 2nd-5th ULL OBS Major Flooding in SC Midlands/Low Country

Hvward

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been having heavy drizzle off and on today.  Last time it looked like the cloud deck lowered and put everything in a huge cloud of drizzly fog.  Clemson kick set for 8:22 as of now with no plans of canceling.  I'll be there as long as the roads are passable.  Hopefully I won't get trapped somewhere on the road.  Planning on looking a satellite images tonight to get a sense of problem spots along the way.  At least I will have food and water (and alcohol :) ) with me.  May even bring pillows and sleeping bag just in case.

1.56" since midnight.

2.44" total.

7.54" the last 9 days.

Just passed 2.5" for this event here in Candler, NC. We have had rain here the past 8 days and it hasn't really stopped drizzling since 6pm last night. Orographic lift and favorable upper level winds ftw. Must just be in the right valley for this current flow.

They also just removed all the trees from a hill next to my house in order to build a new development. It will be intersting to see what that does with 4-8 more inches or rain on the way.

We have transitioned from very heavy drizzle to moderate rain.  Rain started intensifying right on top of me again according to radar.  This has been happening for the last 2 systems.  Very breezy too.  Already an uprooted tree in the neighborhood and the driving range near Lawson's Fork is under water.  Hoping to go check out a dam on the Pacolet and get some pics before I leave for Clemson tomorrow.

Checked out where the car dealership flooded 2 night ago.  You can tell where the water washed across by the mud everywhere.  There is a very small creek that runs adjacent to an old mill building and it must have turned into a torrent to sweep away cars from that far away.

Archived