Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2015

Snowless in Carrollton

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishel's tweet, LOL...you can tell he is bitter about the Euro being right.  

So if a storm affects a lot of fish, does that make it large "scale"?

Lol at him already declaring he was right, 3 days out.  He may very well be, but acting like a know it all is off-putting.  Wonder what his tweets will be if this thing happens to start being models to turn west again.

Lol at him already declaring he was right, 3 days out.  He may very well be, but acting like a know it all is off-putting.  Wonder what his tweets will be if this thing happens to start being models to turn west again.

It seemed to me that going with the only model that was not showing landfall yesterday was more about being the first one to say it's right and I told you so than anything else. He seems to do that a lot with the winter storm threats now, too. Of course, they have been awful the past two years when it comes to hyping severe storm threats and then there are no storms at all.

To beat the dead horse one more time. The GFS is garbage. This para update we went through has made the gfs even smellier. It's not just this hurricane debacle. It's the 112 degree forecasted highs from this summer and 500mb debacles. Just unbeleivable and sad tax money by the hoards can't develop a better product than this. End rant until DJF.

To beat the dead horse one more time. The GFS is garbage. This para update we went through has made the gfs even smellier. It's not just this hurricane debacle. It's the 112 degree forecasted highs from this summer and 500mb debacles. Just unbeleivable and sad tax money by the hoards can't develop a better product than this. End rant until DJF.

Hearing the GEM is still showing major hit. As bad as the GFS is, and it is awful, the GEM is worse. It should never be run.

Hearing the GEM is still showing major hit. As bad as the GFS is, and it is awful, the GEM is worse. It should never be run.

LOL...god bless the CMC to give the caniacs hope.  It's actually west of it's 0z run too, LOL.  The UK is so far east it's essentially say, hope, what hope...

Shows we are still a long ways away from being able to rely on the models to get things right. I guess the Euro is the best, but it's really more of which one doesn't get it totally wrong the least number of times. And often they show very different solutions when it comes to anything other than sunny and dry just 12 hours before a system is supposed to impact us. We know we can't rely on them when it comes to snow around here. The best they can do is show a potential, but what happens is anyone's guess. And for some reason the last two years they have been really bad at showing threats for severe storms around here only for there to be no storms at all. It has been worse than usual the past two years doing this. Not sure if it is the models are just bad, or something is different in our atmosphere that is making it harder for the models to get things right.

As much as I would like to see an epic rain event, I'd rather not watch the Clemson-ND as a foot of rain falls.  This is one of those times we need to have one of our famous winter-like busts and get nothing.  I just find it hard to believe there is going to be widespread 15-20" of rain in SC.  I've never seen maps like what the GFS and Euro are spitting out with the rainfall amounts.

Shows we are still a long ways away from being able to rely on the models to get things right. I guess the Euro is the best, but it's really more of which one doesn't get it totally wrong the least number of times. And often they show very different solutions when it comes to anything other than sunny and dry just 12 hours before a system is supposed to impact us. We know we can't rely on them when it comes to snow around here. The best they can do is show a potential, but what happens is anyone's guess. And for some reason the last two years they have been really bad at showing threats for severe storms around here only for there to be no storms at all. It has been worse than usual the past two years doing this. Not sure if it is the models are just bad, or something is different in our atmosphere that is making it harder for the models to get things right.

What's amazing it seems like we have this happen all the time, everyone says the Euro has been wrong, blah blah, but it's just the best.  It's the Tom Brady of models.

As much as I would like to see an epic rain event, I'd rather not watch the Clemson-ND as a foot of rain falls.  This is one of those times we need to have one of our famous winter-like busts and get nothing.  I just find it hard to believe there is going to be widespread 15-20" of rain in SC.  I've never seen maps like what the GFS and Euro are spitting out with the rainfall amounts.

Ummm...better bring a canoe. I would think there is a chance they postpone.  The State/Louisville game should be just mostly cloudy, nice day for a football game, woohoo!

post-2311-0-15806500-1443718236_thumb.pn

Ummm...better bring a canoe. I would think there is a chance they postpone.  The State/Louisville game should be just mostly cloudy, nice day for a football game, woohoo!

I think it will go on as long as there isn't severe flooding.

Statement from Clemson....

Officials continue to monitor the changing weather conditions as we approach the weekend and have been in contact with the National Weather Service and the Atlantic Coast Conference.

At this time, everything is scheduled as planned and we intend to continue on that path unless authorities advise us otherwise - in which case we’ll inform our fans, guests, and students immediately.

From what I've seen, the new GFS is more jumpy than the old version...it's more prone to vary wildly from run to run, or series of runs, in the medium range...much like the Canadian which has always been that way.

From what I've seen, the new GFS is more jumpy than the old version...it's more prone to vary wildly from run to run, or series of runs, in the medium range...much like the Canadian which has always been that way.

It's pretty much a who sucks most competition. I'm glad we have more choices than those two

What's amazing it seems like we have this happen all the time, everyone says the Euro has been wrong, blah blah, but it's just the best.  It's the Tom Brady of models.

Truer words have not been spoken on this forum. This wisdom will save me hours of sleep this winter. Much as I love me some Cam Newton, Brady is hands down the best.

This couldn't possibly verify, could it?  The majority of SC to get 10"+?  Plus a large swath of 15"+?.  Plus the mountains?  There was a flood along the Pacolet River in 1903 when 7-10" of rain fell and the Pacolet river rose 20 feet and whiped out everything in its path and killed 60 something people.

d13_fill.gif?1443725986875

Archived