SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-MODELS

Rjay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of rain for us seems like a sure bet...anything else is up in the air. A few more runs like the CMC, GFS and UKMET and the media will go berserk

At this point no matter the track there are going to be severe coastal impacts. Some of the worst beach erosion and wash over I have ever seen was with hurricane bill in 08. And it never touched land. Just sent massive damaging waves

At this point no matter the track there are going to be severe coastal impacts. Some of the worst beach erosion and wash over I have ever seen was with hurricane bill in 08. And it never touched land. Just sent massive damaging waves

Yeah... The beach is likely fooked after this. A week to kick up waves, and it gets worse obviously if Joaquin takes off and tracks the way the western models have it. 

If it made landfall down in Virginia would it really have that much of a impact on the nyc metro in terms of rain and wind??

Look up Isabel in 2003-it would probably be similar. I remember wind gusts in Long Beach of 40-50 mph, huge waves and some rain showers, but so far NE of the center, the impacts weren't too bad. It didn't start becoming bad until you were south of Cape May. The front being pulled back west through the area and lots of rain associated with that would be the main impact. 

Look up Isabel in 2003-it would probably be similar. I remember wind gusts in Long Beach of 40-50 mph, huge waves and some rain showers, but so far NE of the center, the impacts weren't too bad. It didn't start becoming bad until you were south of Cape May. The front being pulled back west through the area and lots of rain associated with that would be the main impact. 

all depends on the angle of attack.   Isabel was going NW or even WNW at the time of landfall.  IF this storm were going more NNW then our impact would be greater with a landfall in NE NC or Delmarva etc.

Isabel was a purely tropical system with a completely different setup. This will be a hybrid storm.

Remember with sandy with a landfall in NJ there were hurricane force winds up to maine.

Here the issue is the pressure gradient between the high and the storm and the jet.

It's a different beast.

A landfall in the delmarva would still cause us problems.

Isabel was a purely tropical system with a completely different setup. This will be a hybrid storm.

Remember with sandy with a landfall in NJ there were hurricane force winds up to maine.

Here the issue is the pressure gradient between the high and the storm and the jet.

It's a different beast.

A landfall in the delmarva would still cause us problems.

Great post

Archived