Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Joaquin Impact/Thoughts/Discussion

jrodd321

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western based models are coming in even farther West. Appearing NJ will avoid a direct hit. Consensus is for landfall around Cape Hatteras though there is still some wiggle room and time for that to change.

Sent from my LG-V410

Big winds from Joaquin. SNJ has 60 mph gusts on the GFS, and I think parts of PA get in on that wind too. Seems like we're finally going in to some more interesting weather.

Euro is not only ots it is completely out to lunch. Last week or so the Euro has been horrendous. Im not buying it.

Sent from my LG-V410

Either the storm escapes out to sea or turns inland. No middle ground on this. The pendulum is swinging toward a east coast hit but the Op Euro solution is still possible. Although I will point the ensemble mean is much further west than the operational. 

after going through sandy don't want to see the jersey shore see another hit, I am thinking if there is landfall might be closer to Lewes De up to Cape May NJ, about 60-100 miles south of Sandy

Gee, thanks! Seriously now folks. I don't wish this on anyone, but some place on the east coast sure looks likely. Just a brush offshore would be OK; still could use more rain. About 1.6" yesterday & today. It amazes me how many people NOW want to know what I think!

With the ULL and possible Ida resurgence, I'd be hesitant to call any solution likely at this juncture. Just too much in play still, and model error averages are 300-400 miles at this point in the game. While this solution would be better for the area, there would still likely be a bunch of rain and coastal tidal flooding as the models are all indicating one hell of an onshore flow for the next 5 days. Even the winds are 20-30 mph and stronger on the coast.

Archived