Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That climo report came out at 9z so I'm not sure if they'll give that to D1 or D2...

They'll give it to D1, because that's how it works. :P

Wind is not 06z-06z, it's whatever the climo says. Climo is valid from midnight to midnight local standard time, so 1AM to 1AM PDT in the case of KSDF. That is, the wind for a given day in this city is measured between 08z and 08z.

Regardless, it's clear the highest winds came around the 9:48PM PDT obs, which is 05z, so even if that wasn't the case (which it is), the 25kts would still probably stand.

Will the intra-hour max kill my 82F today? Hopefully not. Tomorrow should be a fun day for winds at the very least!

I went with 84F today so I'm hoping for an 83F inbetween obs.  I nailed the low though (unless there was something inbetween as well).  

but yeah I'm working on my forecast for tomorrow and really debating on what I want to do for winds...I keep going back and forth on what I want to go with

75/57/29/0. 

Sandberg occasionally gets above 30kts but it's not very often. There will be a strong pressure gradient and CAA in a favorable position (NNW), so I think 30 has a shot. Either way I'm close enough to consensus on temps that as long as the wind is there, I should make up a point or two. 

I went 75/59/27

Not so sure how much they drop with winds remaining gusty tonight.  

Was interesting though to see GFS MOS bump up afternoon high and bump down nighttime low

I was thinking maybe 6z low tmrw night

its nice to know a lot of us have similar #s and went for the higher end for wind 

Archived