SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
9/27-9/29/15 Big Surf /High Astronomical Tides/Showers

bluewave

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the surface high is over the VA capes on Sunday night rather than 200 miles offshore. Light rain up to NYC by 21z Sunday and up into the LHV by 00z. 

Good luck with your eclipse, GFS indicates > 95% total cloud cover almost up to Albany by 21z.

yeah, I'd be shocked if we are clear enough for the eclipse.  Hopefully yes, but would think at least some high clouds in the best scenario.  

even your beloved sref is bone dry

f87.gif

Using the SREF at 87hrs to justify something? Surely you can do better than that. 

The 12z GGEM is actually wetter for Western areas than 00z was. 

So to recap, we have the long range NAM which shows rain, The 12z GFS which shows rain, and 12z GGEM which shows rain and the Euro is really the only model that shows nothing.

I bet if the Euro was the only wet model you would be making a case as to why it's wrong.

Using the SREF at 87hrs to justify something? Surely you can do better than that.

at that range it should be super amped. red flag

The 12z GGEM is actually wetter for Western areas than 00z was.

the ggem has problems with convective feedback and spinning up phantom tropical systems

So to recap, we have the long range NAM which shows rain, The 12z GFS which shows rain, and 12z GGEM which shows rain and the Euro is really the only model that shows nothing.

the gfs maps might show precip but they're wrong based on soundings. rain isn't going to make it through 15,000 feet of dry air. and the nam doesn't have support from its related ensemble (sref)

I bet if the Euro was the only wet model you would be making a case as to why it's wrong.

i already made my case as to why any wet model is wrong. confluence, high pressure, and dry air

18z NAM literally arc the rains around the region, Pittsburgh and Cleveland get more than us....at the end of the run there's a fair amount of precip left around with the high moving out so maybe we get some showers Sun night -Mon?

Stop taking the long range NAM verbatim. If you want us to get rain then you want the NAM at this range to be well West.

Come on guys we have been there done that a million times. I agree with forky if the SREF is done we have little chance at precip. And King euro is king for a reason. We are looking at a run of the mill cloudy breezy day. With big wave of course!!!

0z Euro now has over .75" of rain through 12z Tuesday.

The srefs are possibly the worst modeling tool we have. I trust the Navgem more.

Radar shows a firehouse aimed at NC.   If we get a 2nd event late next week like the Euro shows, they could be in trouble for some serious flooding.

I found it funny that a few of the posters down there were looking at the radar late last night and early this morning, assuming it was over and that the models were going to bust badly.

You don't get much more of an anomalous heavy rain setup than this. The real high numbers are probably going to be localized but widespread 6"+ looks likely in SE VA and E NC.

Archived