joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9/27-9/29/15 Big Surf /High Astronomical Tides/Showers

bluewave

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gfs made major changes and now curls the rain around us to the west in response to the strong ridge. i expect it to back off more as we get closer

If you want more rain you want the system to slow down and stay as far West as possible. The rain will eventually come in Sunday night or Monday.

assuming this one model run will be correct and assuming that map isn't overdone. the euro still shows broken clouds and those clouds are most likely to be thin cirrus considering all the dry air in the mid and low levels

To use your words, you are assuming that the Euro is correct, and regardless of the height of the cloud deck, it will greatly inhibit the viewing of the eclipse. 

The most difficult / challenging storm to predict is the one that inevitably "breaks the drought" thereby reversing the current paradigm. I for one would not get my hopes up about any significant rains until they are progged < 2-3 days away. I think the reversal will occur eventually this autumn, but when exactly is a difficult question. Some analogs maintain the dry pattern through October, some do not. It does appear, at least per the ECMWF weeklies, that the NPAC regime may change in 2 weeks, which would at the very least introduce more FROPAs.

Archived