Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DT is arguing (or was) on Twitter that a Cat2/3 can't be absorbed into the low like the models are showing by his interpretation. Cantore suggested that it was a steering mechanism, not absorption and he (DT) backed off for a bit.

That may be where some of those guys/gals are getting that notion.

If Hugo hooked into a ULL, they can all hook into a ULL....

Oh great...

943 AM EDT WED SEP 30 2015...NOAA WEATHER RADIO LIKELY OFF THE AIR THROUGH THE WEEKEND...WNG-706...LOCATED IN GARNER...SERVING THE EASTERN PIEDMONT ANDCENTRAL COASTAL PLAIN ON 162.450 MHZ...IS OFF THE AIR.UNFORTUNATELY...DUE TO CONDITIONS ON THE TOWER...WORK ON THETRANSMITTER IS UNLIKELY UNTIL DRIER WEATHER OCCURS. WE CERTAINLYREGRET THE INCONVENIENCE. DURING THIS MAINTENANCE PERIOD...THE GARNER TRANSMITTER ISEXPECTED TO BE OUT OF SERVICE LIKELY THROUGH THE WEEKEND. DURINGTHIS TIME...THE TRANSMITTER CANNOT BE RESTORED WITHIN ONE HOUR.

The potential for a seriously devastating scenario is there. Not sure how well the local trees are gonna cope with a landfalling cane with all this ground saturation. IF this does come ashore it will fall many many trees blocking roads, cutting power, clogging creeks and just all around a world of crap to deal with.

Josh M, you got your raft ready? If y'all get 10-20 inches of rain, let's get on the South fork, and hit that little dam , right under the bridge in Belmont!?? One time in my younger days in the 80s, we had a ton of rain and they actually had police and fire crews on that bridge to make sure water didnt come over the bridge!

For the clemson game???

Sent from my SM-N910P

For Spartanburg.  Clemson was a good bit less, but still a lot.

Dabo doesn't like to get wet! What a bunch of pansies, if they cancel , just for a little rain! :)

I doubt they will cancel unless there is significant flooding.  The Stadium does sit in a valley and a dike keeps the water from Lake Hartwell out.  I've sat through quite a few torrential downpours at Clemson games.

For Spartanburg. Clemson was a good bit less, but still a lot.

I doubt they will cancel unless there is significant flooding. The Stadium does sit in a valley and a dike keeps the water from Lake Hartwell out. I've sat through quite a few torrential downpours at Clemson games.

Im no clemson fan but i was going to the game just for sheer fact its suppose to be a crazy atmosphere down there.......ill probably be watching from the couch

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'll go on record to say that I'm hoping for a NC hurricane landfall since I do free-lance storm videography.

That said, I'm most concerned about the continued southerly component in the real-time motion and its long-range effect on Joaquin's eventual track. That, combined with the fact that the EURO has been most consistent in forecasting the more southward motion into the Bahamas, for the past couple of days...is worrisome for those hoping for the same.

OTH, the relatively strong consensus for an EC landfall and a continued westward shift amongst the other models gives one hope, in that regard. In such a complex atmospheric and synoptic environment that is yet to play out, this is truly one of the most challenging forecasts scenarios I've ever seen-relative to TC forecasting.

Hopefully, the ingestion of the aforementioned upper-air data into the models will provide more clarity with the 00z model runs.

Hope for a landfall? Considering the potential for devestating flooding and widespread damage due to the already soaked ground, that's the last thing I'd be hoping for here.

For Spartanburg.  Clemson was a good bit less, but still a lot.

I doubt they will cancel unless there is significant flooding.  The Stadium does sit in a valley and a dike keeps the water from Lake Hartwell out.  I've sat through quite a few torrential downpours at Clemson games.

They could always invite the Water Polo teams to play. :)

Hope for a landfall? Considering the potential for devestating flooding and widespread damage due to the already soaked ground, that's the last thing I'd be hoping for here.

It's going to be bad for alot of folks if this hits.   Good thing about the 18z GFS run is that we miss the ULL band and we miss Joaquin to the north so we are in the 3-4" QPF.

Here's a LMA1973 post generator:

"There's no way this (snowstorm/hurricane) is going to hit (NC/SC/Raleigh). These models all show (different things/trend N or S/etc) and the law of averages work out. Take it to the bank. This (snowstorm/hurricane) will not hit (wherever the model consensus is suggesting/where a lot of posters on this board live)."

Whew! I feel so much better now.

Josh M, you got your raft ready? If y'all get 10-20 inches of rain, let's get on the South fork, and hit that little dam , right under the bridge in Belmont!?? One time in my younger days in the 80s, we had a ton of rain and they actually had police and fire crews on that bridge to make sure water didnt come over the bridge!

Err, what were they going to do about it. Form a human dam?

Archived