Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's atleast 45 days with highs above 90! I knew this summer sucked, but not that bad! I bet GSP is at 60+ days of 90 or above, and the awesome drought to go with it![/quote

]

Still amazed at how different our experiences are. I'm saying, "what drought?" Other than dry period in late June, I've had plenty of rain in Easley, and my grass is still thick and green and waiting to be cut. I'll gladly take a break from the rain.

Agree on the hot though - torturous!

That's atleast 45 days with highs above 90! I knew this summer sucked, but not that bad! I bet GSP is at 60+ days of 90 or above, and the awesome drought to go with it![/quote

]

Still amazed at how different our experiences are. I'm saying, "what drought?" Other than dry period in late June, I've had plenty of rain in Easley, and my grass is still thick and green and waiting to be cut. I'll gladly take a break from the rain.

Agree on the hot though - torturous!

I honestly have not cut my grass since July 1st! And it's only about 3 inches high now! Will wait to see if we actually get some rain this weekend and maybe I'll have to cut it after that!

I honestly have not cut my grass since July 1st! And it's only about 3 inches high now! Will wait to see if we actually get some rain this weekend and maybe I'll have to cut it after that!

I could cut mine this weekend, but really it would be fine to let it go another week. Might get some rain this weekend, so it might be too wet to cut anyway, and maybe better to let it get some rain before cutting it again.

The holiday weekend interns must be working the RAH office. From the overnight AFD... they left the near term and short term intact. Don't know that I've ever seen that before...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
259 AM EDT SAT SEP 5 2015

.SYNOPSIS... AN UPPER LEVEL LOW WILL GYRATE AROUND NC THROUGH THE
WEEKEND. SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE WILL OTHERWISE BUILD SOUTH INTO THE
MIDDLE ATLANTIC AND CAROLINAS TONIGHT...THEN LINGER OVERHEAD THROUGH
THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEKEND.

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
AS OF 1035 PM FRIDAY...

.SHORT TERM /SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT/...
AS OF 318 PM FRIDAY...

.LONG TERM /MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...
AS OF 259 AM SATURDAY...

Then the real guys showed up... :D

642 AM EDT SAT SEP 5 2015 .SYNOPSIS...SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE EXTENDING INTO THE REGION FROM THE NORTHEAST WILL WEAKEN SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY NIGHT AS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW OFFSHORE THE SOUTHEAST COAST RETROGRADES INLAND FROM THE ATLANTIC.&&.NEAR TERM /TODAY AND TONIGHT/... AS OF 300 AM SATURDAY...OVERVIEW: COMPLICATED/UNUSUAL SYNOPTIC PATTERN. 00Z RAOB DATA INDICATED NORTHWEST FLOW ALOFT UPSTREAM OVER THE MS RIVER VALLEY... ON THE EASTERN PERIPHERY OF A DEEP UPPER LEVEL RIDGE EXTENDING NORTHWARD FROM THE TX GULF COAST TO THE UPPER MIDWEST. NW FLOW ALOFT WEAKENED WITH EASTWARD EXTENT ACROSS THE TN/OH VALLEY...BECOMING LIGHT/VARIABLE OVER THE APPALACHIANS/MID-ATLANTIC...ON THE WESTERN PERIPHERY OF A BROAD UPPER LEVEL LOW OFFSHORE THE SOUTHEAST COAST AND A STRENGTHENING UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ALONG/OFFSHORE THE NEW ENGLAND COAST. NUMEROUS SMALL AMPLITUDE WAVES WERE TRAPPED/EMBEDDED WITHIN WEAK STEERING FLOW OVER THE REGION THIS MORNING...THE MOST PROMINENT OF WHICH WAS A COMPACT UPPER LOW CENTERED OVER CENTRAL/WESTERN NC. IN THE LOWER LEVELS...EXPECT WEAK PRESSURE RISES EARLY THIS MORNING IN ASSOC/W A SFC RIDGE EXTENDING SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE MID-ATLANTIC/CAROLINAS (ATTENDANT THE STRENGTHENING UPPER RIDGE ALONG NEW ENGLAND COAST).FORECAST: MODERATE DIURNAL DESTABILIZATION...WEAK DPVA ATTENDANT SMALL AMPLITUDE WAVES EMBEDDED WITHIN WEAK STEERING FLOW...ONSHORE /EASTERLY/ LOW-LEVEL FLOW AND AN INVERTED SFC TROUGH PROGRESSING INLAND FROM THE COAST THIS AFTERNOON WILL SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF SCATTERED CONVECTION BY LATE MORNING/EARLY AFTERNOON IN EASTERN NC...PROGRESSING WEST/SW INTO CENTRAL NC THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE AFTERNOON. EXPECT HIGHS IN THE MID/UPPER 80S SOUTH OF HWY 64...WARMEST IN THE SANDHILLS...COOLEST NEAR THE VA BORDER. CONVECTION SHOULD WANE IN COVERAGE AFTER SUNSET VIA NOCTURNAL AND CONVECTIVE STABILIZATION...THOUGH ISOLD SHOWER ACTIVITY CANNOT BE RULED OUT THE REMAINDER OF THE NIGHT GIVEN DEEP MOISTURE AND THE PRESENCE OF SMALL AMPLITUDE WAVES ALOFT. HAZARDS: LIGHT EASTERLY FLOW THROUGHOUT THE COLUMN (SURFACE TO TROPOPAUSE) WILL RESULT IN LITTLE/NO DEEP-LAYER SHEAR AND THUS NO REAL POTENTIAL FOR CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION THIS AFTERNOON ASIDE FROM BRIEF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATION/PROPAGATION ALONG WESTWARD-MOVING OUTFLOW. AS A RESULT...NO APPRECIABLE THREAT FOR SEVERE WEATHER IS EXPECTED. WITH MODERATE INSTABILITY (1500 J/KG MLCAPE)...MODERATE DCAPE (750-1000 J/KG)...SEASONABLE MOISTURE (PWAT ~1.50")...ONE CAN NEVER RULE OUT A DOWNBURST IN ASSOCIATION WITH LARGE/REFLECTIVE AND HIGHLY ELEVATED CORES ATTENDANT DEEP CONVECTION. DOWNBURSTS IN SUCH AN ENVIRONMENT ARE LESS LIKELY TO BE DIRECTLY CORRELATED WITH UPDRAFT STRENGTH...AND MORE LIKELY TO BE OF SMALL SPATIOTEMPORAL STATURE. -VINCENT&&

That's kinda what I figured... Was just unusual to see. The first thing I do every morning is check the AFD... and it was strange to still see yesterday afternoon's package in the morning disco.

Lol...I thought you kinda figured the interns were working the holiday weekend.  

Nah ---- I know from visiting the local office several times over the years that nobody there really gets a break. Even during benign weather, they're always working hard. As a weather enthusiast, I do appreciate all the behind the scenes work that goes on at the local forecast offices.

Nah ---- I know from visiting the local office several times over the years that nobody there really gets a break. Even during benign weather, they're always working hard. As a weather enthusiast, I do appreciate all the behind the scenes work that goes on at the local forecast offices.

+1, even though I don't always show it! :)

Oh my!!!

*** ALERT ** ALERT *** HAS A " SURPRISE TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMED OFF THE SE VA COAST ???

AT 215 PM THIS showed up !! BOATERS / small craft t HEAD TO PORT NOW!!!...

if you have family / Friends on the small boats call them NOW or text them !! This cluster of storms is being under forecasted I dont know how bad it will be but this system looks pretty nasty

if you are are SOUTHEAST VA conditions will go down hill FAST over next few hours! Please post reports of you r conditions here

11900115_913519198695339_729464664074888

Oh my!!!

*** ALERT ** ALERT *** HAS A " SURPRISE TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMED OFF THE SE VA COAST ???

AT 215 PM THIS showed up !! BOATERS / small craft t HEAD TO PORT NOW!!!...

if you have family / Friends on the small boats call them NOW or text them !! This cluster of storms is being under forecasted I dont know how bad it will be but this system looks pretty nasty

if you are are SOUTHEAST VA conditions will go down hill FAST over next few hours! Please post reports of you r conditions here

11900115_913519198695339_729464664074888

Must be all the hot air spewing from DT big mouth.

Pending disaster avoided!

*** ALERT ** GOOD NEWS!! *** the clusters of storms that formed out over the off shore waters due east of Virginia this morning and Midday that was moving WEST towards the coast - is now weakening

This means the threat of rain/ storms for se va is also diminishing but there still could be a few showers around this evening BUT the WINDS and the higher than Normal tides will STILL be an issue into Sunday midday... NWS has issued SCA- small craft advisories ... for the next 12 hrs the the coastal floosing and Coastal Hazard statements are still in effect

the Low tide tonight may not be very low. The winds on the COAST Bay and ocean will still gust upto 35 knots / 40 mph over for another 12-18 hrs and the seas will have waves up to 7 to 9 feet and 5 feet on the Bay

IF you are located over INTERIOR se VA it will be a breezy thru the rest of the afternoon and evening with a few showers possible

This system was NEVER a tropical Depression -- what I said was it looked like one. A meteorologist friend of mine from NHC said that this system MIGHT have been the remains of Erika ( a claim which I will not go into at this time)

His NHC friend is wrong, also... remnants of Erika are moving East several hundred miles East of Florida. The swirl has been evident for several days once it left Georgia.

No weather, lets laugh.

A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in, he glanced up and saw the most beautiful woman boarding the plane. He soon realized she was heading straight towards his seat. As fate would have it, she took The seat right beside his. Eager to strike up a conversation he blurted out, “Business trip or pleasure?”

She turned, smiled and said, “Business. I’m going to the Annual Nymphomaniacs of America Convention in Boston."

He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen sitting next to him, and she was going to a meeting of nymphomaniacs!

Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked, “What’s your Business at this convention?”
“Lecturer,” she responded. “I use 
information that I have learned from my Personal experiences to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality.”

“Really?” he said. “And what kind of myths are there?”

“Well,” she explained, “one popular myth is that African-American men are the most well-endowed of all men, when in fact it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait. Another popular myth is that Frenchmen are the best lovers, when actually it is men of Mexican descent who are the best. I have also discovered that the lover with absolutely the best stamina is the Southern Redneck.”

Suddenly the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed.. “I’m Sorry,” she said, “I shouldn't really be discussing all of this with you. I don’t even know your name.”

“Tonto,” the man said, “Tonto Gonzales, but my friends call me Bubba".

Nice of Clemson to pick such a powerhouse opponent on their opening day!!?? Guess atleast they'll get one win! :)

Better than what NC State has scheduled to open the year.  Troy, E Kentucky, Old Dominion, South Alabama.  I think our schedule got screwed up because of the ACC switching around from 9/8 conference games.  Looking forward to the Notre Dame game in a few weeks.  Hopefully our team isn't looking forward to it lol.

Archived