Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you mean metres? I hate when people undermine the true severity of things because of personal agendas :)

I knew someone would say something about this. This is me being a weather geek/ aspiring met more than anything else. Of course I would love to see a storm like this and find out that no one died or lost their homes

I knew someone would say something about this. This is me being a weather geek/ aspiring met more than anything else. Of course I would love to see a storm like this and find out that no one died or lost their homes

You misconstrued what I said, I absolutely adore death and destruction, I was just pointing out that you called it "feet of snow" when I reality Meters would've been the correct term (the same way no one calls 10 feet of snow 120" of snow)

I get that people like the heat, but I don't get why it's exciting from a weather enthusiasts perspective. It's certainly interesting from an historical perspective (same as extreme cold) but does it really get your inner weenie pumping like say a hurricane or severe storms would?

I get that people like the heat, but I don't get why it's exciting from a weather enthusiasts perspective. It's certainly interesting from an historical perspective (same as extreme cold) but does it really get your inner weenie pumping like say a hurricane or severe storms would?

I personally hate this heat. We could say it's been hot since may. Im hoping for a pattern change soon. Very soon

I like heat, but I do look at it differently than I would a hurricane or severe t-storm, it's not something that's exciting (unless it's extreme), I mainly just prefer it over the cold.

The winter weather fans are lucky that the 2000's have featured record snowfall 

and a short term winter cooling trend while all other seasons have warmed steadily

to record levels. These forums would be very quiet if the winters were anything

like the rest of the year.

Main weather stories of the 2000's:

Hurricane Sandy

record warmth

record rainfall

record snowfall

I've been loving this weather. Of course I wish we had more rain, but I'm speaking in terms warmth and sunny days, it's not that exciting from a weather standpoint, but it sure beats sitting inside when it's 20° out. At least now I could enjoy being in the pool, going to the beach, eating outside, and spending time with family and friends.

I've been loving this weather. Of course I wish we had more rain, but I'm speaking in terms warmth and sunny days, it's not that exciting from a weather standpoint, but it sure beats sitting inside when it's 20° out. At least now I could enjoy being in the pool, going to the beach, eating outside, and spending time with family and friends.

Last Friday/Saturday were probably about as perfect as it gets here in NJ. Took a half day on Friday and hit the links, then was able to do so on Saturday morning as well. Just perfect golfing weather.

I like sitting inside tracking snow more than the humidity and heat. My ideal temps are moderate, but still want that 3 months of winter for a change.

The winter weather fans are lucky that the 2000's have featured record snowfall 

and a short term winter cooling trend while all other seasons have warmed steadily

to record levels. These forums would be very quiet if the winters were anything

like the rest of the year.

Main weather stories of the 2000's:

Hurricane Sandy

record warmth

record rainfall

record snowfall

Interesting stat about winter..wonder why?

Interesting stat about winter..wonder why?

I would say the huge increase in blocking over the EPO/PNA/AO/NAO regions.

The last 15 winters saw 11 out of 15 with near or above normal NYC seasonal snowfall.

The previous 15 featured 10 out of 15 with below normal snowfall.

I like sitting inside tracking snow more than the humidity and heat. My ideal temps are moderate, but still want that 3 months of winter for a change.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always go for a nice snowstorm, and to be honest, I like tracking snow in April. I also like to track first and last Frosts/Freezes.

Besides that though, Summer is where it's at for me. I love being outside and enjoying all the activities. I'm definitely a fan of the heat.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always go for a nice snowstorm, and to be honest, I like tracking snow in April. I also like to track first and last Frosts/Freezes.

Besides that though, Summer is where it's at for me. I love being outside and enjoying all the activities. I'm definitely a fan of the heat.

Sadly not everyone can enjoy the outdoors due to "certain" restrictions.

Archived