Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Erika 2015

jburns

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty telling...

Although this would normally be an appropriate time for a tropicalstorm watch for portions of southern Florida, following typicaltimelines, we have elected to wait until we see what's left ofErika after it passes Hispaniola.  There is a significant chancethat no watches or warnings for Florida will be required.FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDSINIT  28/2100Z 17.9N  71.2W   45 KT  50 MPH 12H  29/0600Z 19.5N  73.5W   40 KT  45 MPH 24H  29/1800Z 21.3N  76.5W   30 KT  35 MPH...INLAND 36H  30/0600Z 22.7N  79.3W   30 KT  35 MPH...OVER WATER 48H  30/1800Z 24.0N  81.0W   35 KT  40 MPH 72H  31/1800Z 27.0N  82.5W   35 KT  40 MPH 96H  01/1800Z 29.0N  82.5W   30 KT  35 MPH...INLAND120H  02/1800Z 31.0N  82.5W   25 KT  30 MPH...INLAND

Now there is a paranoid with vision!

It looks like it wants to have a chance to give me rain.....now  I've had a lot of rain this summer, but I'd be thrilled to have lots more.  Can't get enough rain, as long as you're on high ground...or until the high ground starts to look like low ground, lol.  T

Tony!   :wub: 

To the bolded.....yay!! :D  mby hasn't been that lucky  :( 

We're getting plenty of rain down here without that pesky little storm anyway!

Whoop whoop!!   :D     

It looks like I won't be having brunch in MYB with Erika this next week   :(    

Tony!   :wub:

To the bolded.....yay!! :D  mby hasn't been that lucky   :(

Whoop whoop!!   :D     

It looks like I won't be having brunch in MYB with Erika this next week   :(    

I know darlin', and I feel for you :)  Robert was telling me how bad it was his way, and I for once was getting  regular rain, and in big ammounts.  Felt weird to be the lucky one for a  change, but I'll take it.  In your case, it's those danged portals you have to deal with, but then when they shut off you get big snow, so I guess, you'll take that, lol.  Something tells me this storm will hook inland in such a way as to get a lot of us well....and if it isn't this one, then the one after the one after the one that scares CR, lol. 

The one bad note here is the mosquito hoards.  It's like Siberia here..clouds of mozzies from dawn to dawn, I have never seen it so bad, never in my whole life.  Of course, when I was a kid we had ddt.  What I wouldn't give for a ddt cloud about now...really, it's that bad...squared.  They have become immune to Off, and Cutter...in fact they roll in it, then dance before they bite.  Then cut the blood with more deet!!  Tony

I know darlin', and I feel for you :) Robert was telling me how bad it was his way, and I for once was getting regular rain, and in big ammounts. Felt weird to be the lucky one for a change, but I'll take it. In your case, it's those danged portals you have to deal with, but then when they shut off you get big snow, so I guess, you'll take that, lol. Something tells me this storm will hook inland in such a way as to get a lot of us well....and if it isn't this one, then the one after the one after the one that scares CR, lol.

The one bad note here is the mosquito hoards. It's like Siberia here..clouds of mozzies from dawn to dawn, I have never seen it so bad, never in my whole life. Of course, when I was a kid we had ddt. What I wouldn't give for a ddt cloud about now...really, it's that bad...squared. They have become immune to Off, and Cutter...in fact they roll in it, then dance before they bite. Then cut the blood with more deet!! Tony

Get some mesquito plants ( citronella) and put about 10 in a circle around you to where they almost touch and enjoy the outdoors in your tiny circle of protection !? Or build a smokey campfire, I hear they don't like smoke!?

Erika looks to have 3 days in the GOM to strengthen after she attempts to navigate cuba. No guess as to whether or not there is anything left after Cuba, but 3 days in jacuzzi water certainly has potential written all over it. She's resiliant! I just need the rain.

To be honest after looking at the first visible satellite pictures this morning unless I'm not seeing it I'm not even sure there is even a closed circulation left. It's looking very very ragged. So there may not be anything left of the storm and even if there is from what I understand the weather conditions in the Gulf of Mexico are not overly conducive for development there either even if it does survive.

At 800 AM EDT (1200 UTC), the center of Tropical Storm Erika was

relocated near latitude 21.0 North, longitude 75.5 West. Erika is

moving toward the west-northwest near 20 mph (31 km/h), and this

general motion is expected to continue through tonight. A turn

toward the northwest and a decrease in forward speed are expected on

Sunday. On the forecast track Erika or its remnants will

continue to move near or over portions of eastern Cuba today

and move near central Cuba tonight.

Maximum sustained winds are near 40 mph (65 km/h) with higher gusts.

Surface observations from Cuba and reports from an Air Force

Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft suggest that Erika is degenerating

to a trough of low pressure. If subsequent data confirm this,

advisories will be discontinued later this morning.

IMHO, she's dead.

Maximum sustained winds are near 40 mph (65 km/h) with higher gusts. Surface observations from Cuba and reports from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft suggest that Erika is degenerating to a trough of low pressure. If subsequent data confirm this, advisories will be discontinued later this morning.

Per 8 am update looks like the NHC is agreeing with you and with what I said above

Archived