• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heavy Rain Threat

IsentropicLift

Long Island stands the best chance tomorrow afternoon. 

Unfortunately for NNJ and NYC, the first batch might go just NW and the second might go just southeast. We really need that wave of low pressure to develop near TTN in order to get the excessive totals.

The 12z GFS is actually much wetter for our area than the 06z run was. Here is the 06z graphic for comparison.

gfs_apcpn_neus_9.png

The 12z GFS was closer to the 00z run. Not a carbon copy, but the same general jackpot zone.

gfs_apcpn_neus_10.png

Yea and inch or two of rain is nothing really that impressive

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea and inch or two of rain is nothing really that impressive

Yes because we get plenty of these types of events during the Summer months? Yeah, no. 

Unless you're going to get a tropical system, or the remnants of such system, it's pretty rare to get widespread heavy rainfall from 6/1-9/1. 

I will admit that this is a very fickle setup, with the heaviest rains clearly falling where the LLJ/WAA is maximized. That's why models are keying in on a QPF max over NW areas and then a secondary over SE areas. NYC/LI did the best when it was more likely an area of low pressure would form on the front. Now that seems less likely.

namconus_mslp_uv850_neus_8.png

namconus_mslp_uv850_neus_10.png

my lawn looks like something out of the sahara. Areas that miss could have a long wait for the next round of rain

That would be disaster out on the island especially the south shore.

I think there is going to be some big winners with this event similar to what we have seen in the past. What really matters now is the placement of convection

Archived