Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Bugs Bunny image appears to be a response to a CAD_Wedge_NC post, but I don't see his post in this thread. I just assumed there were others that must have gotten deleted along the way too.

Click the quote button to be rerouted to another forum. I get how you would think that though.

Click the quote button to be rerouted to another forum. I get how you would think that though.

Gotcha.  We're going cross-forum fighting now.  Watch out!  :D

"So then, he said:

M8KeINT.png

So, I responded with:

mFBVaPU.jpg

And, then his sensei said:

ovz0c7w.jpg

But, I was like:

giL2qq4.jpg

So, we all walked away and pretended it never happened, because:

IZ5lYmN.jpg

And, that's how it all went down."

I always thought the Dog Days of Summer was predominantly in August but as stated below: 

Dog Days is the name for the most sultry period of summer, from about July 3 to Aug. 11. Named in early times by observers in countries bordering the Mediterranean, the period was reckoned as extending from 20 days before to 20 days after the conjunction of Sirius (the dog star) and the sun.

But, we are in the SE; so maybe our dog hangs around longer.

Well for a few days we had some upper 80s in the forecast for this weekend, and before that, for late this week. Those have all been replaced with 90s and heading towards more mid 90s. TWC has all 90s for the entire 15 day outlook now for GSP. This is pure torture, will this pattern ever end? AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad forecast from the NWS (...spot check for MBY):

Thursday
Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Friday
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 67.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

**should be a decent weekend as well

RAH made me laugh when I read their long range discussion for late next week:

"WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY: FRONT WILL EXIT THE COAST ON WEDNESDAY AND
SOME VERY UNSEASONABLY STRONG COLD AIR ADVECTION WILL ENSUE AS A
VERY SHARP UPPER TROUGH WILL DIG DOWN THROUGH THE CAROLINAS. EXPECT
MOSTLY DRY CONDITIONS WITH COOLER HIGHS IN THE MID TO UPPER 80S AND
LOWS IN THE MID 60S TO NEAR 70 DEGREES WITH A FEW LOWER 60S
SPRINKLED INTO THE NW PIEDMONT."

I would expect at least low 80s with that type of wording...

Not a bad forecast from the NWS (...spot check for MBY):

Thursday
Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Friday
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 67.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

**should be a decent weekend as well

Same forecast for down here - just a little warmer on the temps. Precip chances and amounts are the same. Sure need it. I hope it comes in gentle showers and not cloudbursts like 2 weeks ago where it all ran off.

You guys make it sound like you're hundreds of miles away!

WRFXYFi.gif

Archived