• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

Duke Energy has a lake? I'd be scared of what's in that water.

They comply with all environmental regulations and standards. They made Lake Norman. Without Lake Norman surrounding communities wouldn't have adequate drinking water and city and county tax revenues would be vastly lower than they are now. 

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HERE ARE THE TOP 10 WARMEST AVERAGE JULY TEMPERATURES ON RECORD in CAE:

1. 86.2 DEGREES IN 1993

2. 86.1 DEGREES IN 1986

3. 85.5 DEGREES IN 2011

4. 85.3 DEGREES IN 2015*

5. 85.0 DEGREES IN 2012

6. 84.4 DEGREES IN 2010

7. 83.9 DEGREES IN 2002 AND 1954

9. 83.8 DEGREES IN 1998 AND 1992

http://www.weather.gov/cae/jul2015ClimateSummary.html

interesting that 5 of the top 10 have occurred since 2002 and 4 out of the top 10 since 2010 !! What is going on ???

Congrats, Charlotte!

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC
444 PM EDT TUE AUG 04 2015

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT CHARLOTTE NC...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 99 DEGREES WAS SET AT
CHARLOTTE NC TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 98 SET IN 2006.RECORD EVENT REPORT

Mp#s is right, Brick.  Without Lake Norman and Lake James and Lake Rhodhiss and Lake Hickory and Lake Lookout and Mountain Island Lake and Lake Wylie..., all on the Catawba River, millions of people would not have the necessary access to water to sustain the communities in western NC.  Each of those lakes is dam controlled.  So, thank you, Duke Energy.  Another great thing they have done is provide low residential rates for electricity, compared to the horrific numbers coming out of the Columbia, SC, area (as we were made aware of on this board earlier this summer).

That's because of the drought!

Tied a record at GSP today of 99!

Yippee! :). Awesomesauce, with a heaping helping of horse dung, on top of a dumpsterfire !

Imagine if we get opposite of last year. Extreme cold and not one snowflake or raindrop. Natures middle finger. 

Mp#s is right, Brick.  Without Lake Norman and Lake James and Lake Rhodhiss and Lake Hickory and Lake Lookout and Mountain Island Lake and Lake Wylie..., all on the Catawba River, millions of people would not have the necessary access to water to sustain the communities in western NC.  Each of those lakes is dam controlled.  So, thank you, Duke Energy.  Another great thing they have done is provide low residential rates for electricity, compared to the horrific numbers coming out of the Columbia, SC, area (as we were made aware of on this board earlier this summer).

You got that right with the power bills in Columbia. Also, the water and sewer charges are ridiculous too.

The high at CAE was F102 today, averaging F98 for the month, it was F100 at my house.

I haven't had an real measurable rainfall since July 2nd.  This is the hottest and dryest weather I've ever experience in my life in 4 years in South Carolina, 8 years in Atlanta, and 20 in northeastern Georgia. 

I know its been warm everywhere on the leeside, but Columbia is just unbearable.  People around here who claim that its better than dealing with snow I guess forgot about the rest of the country that has little snow in the winter and much more bearable summertime temps.

Archived