• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
100 Degree Days

jm1220

I believe today was #5, topping out at 103F in Tyler.

Also, I don't have official records for my backyard, but my 2 month total precip is probably 2-3". The airport recorded over 5" in June and just a trace in July, but it's a good 10 miles or so from here and they got more rain than I.

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy enough, Norman hasn't reached 100F this year (and very likely won't), though we've brushed 99F a few times. The last time a summer failed to reach 100F was back in 2004. Of course, our dewpoints were solidly above average which definitely had something to do with it, but still quite interesting.

Crazy enough, Norman hasn't reached 100F this year (and very likely won't), though we've brushed 99F a few times. The last time a summer failed to reach 100F was back in 2004. Of course, our dewpoints were solidly above average which definitely had something to do with it, but still quite interesting.

The heat came here late also because of all the rain we had in May/June. The real heat didn't start until around July 4th and got progressively worse from there. We've had pretty much no rain in over 2 months now, so the ground here is much drier than up by you. And not much relief in sight, the ridge doesn't look to break down here anytime soon-maybe fewer 100 degree days but plenty more upper 90s days. 

Similar thing here in the Denver metro area and north. No 100 degree days, but things for the most part have gotten hotter and drier since mid July. South of town (eg Colorado Springs) the monsoon has been more of a real thing, but for Denver and north it's been a nonsoon.

I think the cause has been different though, seems like maybe we've gotten the southeastern corner of the brutal NW hot high pressure pushing the moisture to the south.

Would not surprise me too much if we get a quick 100 some day the first week or so of September with dry NW downsloping flow.

Archived