joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
tracking the heat

Animal

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iso i also made down to 61 from 91.  I suspect you are deeper into the rural area of Monmouth (Central Park West).

BTW - not sure if you are a U2 or Bruce fan but check this out with U2 Fri night.

Yeah Tony, I need 850's a little warmer here in order to achieve 90F due to the more rural landscape. Usually in the summer it seems like I'm 2-4F under Newark's highs, and more in line with Central park. I've never been a huge Bruce fan, but I do like his songs better than Bon Jovi for sure. U2 has had some decent stuff too.

With the sensor issues of today in the park I would add a degree so we aren't to far off. Which is even more amazing considering last winter had one of the coldest 30 day stretches

It's not really a sensor issue...it's just that you're measuring temperatures in a forested environment, not a highly developed/urbanized one.

And Central Park did hit 90F today, so it wasn't much behind other stations.

It's not really a sensor issue...it's just that you're measuring temperatures in a forested environment, not a highly developed/urbanized one.

And Central Park did hit 90F today, so it wasn't much behind other stations.

The issue with the sensor is the vegetation. I don't think anyone including myself meant the actual sensor is messed up. And it was pretty obvious when we dried out the park shot up. It's also had a chance to dry out some again hence the closer temps today.

The issue with the sensor is the vegetation. I don't think anyone including myself meant the actual sensor is messed up. And it was pretty obvious when we dried out the park shot up. It's also had a chance to dry out some again hence the closer temps today.

it has been a park for 150 years...Records go back to the 1860's...parks are cooler in hot weather...Newark has always been hotter during heat waves...

Archived