• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9 2015

An MCS currently located near Lake Erie is forecasted to cross PA/NY towards our area sometime around 00z tonight. Behind these morning showers, sunshine should prevail which will lead to increased SBCAPE by late afternoon. Although models seem to focus the bulk of heavy rain just North of the area, higher res models develop a large amount of convection on the southern side of the MCS which looks to affect NNJ, NYC, LHV and LI.

SPC has placed Western areas under a slight risk for severe today, including a 5% TOR area.

day1otlk_1200.gif?1436445481697

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another nice setup for supercells in our area.  We've had more than our share of those this season - we've had a lot of convection with backed winds.

No big TORs yet, but that's just a numbers game.  We get enough of these and eventually something will drop.  That Allentown cell the other week probably was very close to turning into another Springfield, MA 6/1/11.

I love living 4 miles from the ocean but I also hate it. Can't buy a drop of rain during the warm season.

I like this event

What I find interesting is that the ocean off the NJ coast seems to have zero affect on convection. They have already been nailed multiple times this year. Some of the most severe storms I have ever experienced have been while at my shore house in Atlantic County.

Archived