• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

I'll admit being wrong about parts of upstate SC, but that rain shield is now slowly shrinking  in size and losing its strength. It should make it to I-26 but probably not much farther east. So far, only a small part of NC west of 77 has had decent rain so most of that is working out too. We are in a slight risk today, but the SPC seems to think the worst does stay south of us where the enhanced is. They have this located nicely and it should work out for them. That part of SC and GA is in for a rough day.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain has put on the brakes.  Not advancing any further east into the northern half of Spartanburg.  Rain has set up only a few miles south of me.  I'm telling you we will not get any significant rain this week in mby.  Can't wait for NWS observed precip to update to see it's ridiculousness.

Edit:  HRRR consistently has the precip too far north the last few days.  I've been bumped to 80% pops so this will be the 3rd time I have had 80% pops in the last week and get piddly amounts.

Edit:  HRRR consistently has the precip too far north the last few days.  I've been bumped to 80% pops so this will be the 3rd time I have had 80% pops in the last week and get piddly amounts.

PoP != QPF. 

Yes, I know.  Just frustrated with the lack of anything decent here while others to my west and south are raking it in.  All I'm getting is enough to wet the ground.  It's the qpf that has been the problem here.

GSP's forecasts are verifying when we get just a trace, but that's ALL some of us are getting. That big rain shield fall apart just like I knew it would, and now these clouds mean another day is wasted. We have 2 days left to get something, then it turns drier and much warmer again.

GSP's forecasts are verifying when we get just a trace, but that's ALL some of us are getting. That big rain shield fall apart just like I knew it would, and now these clouds mean another day is wasted. We have 2 days left to get something, then it turns drier and much warmer again.

I think we have a shotgun chance just about everyday the next week.  Not that it means we will have significant rainfall, but something eventually has to get through the rain shield you would think.

If the maps I just saw on facebook with the HRRR model are right, almost all of upstate SC will be dry tomorrow too. Down to Sunday to get rain here before it dries out and warms up.

I hope it's right , I'm tired of rain already! 3 days in a row is too much !

It's also quite breezy out today! Just had a random gust out of nowhere about 30mph +, rocked the whole house! More rain incoming!

Little patch of showers is approaching mby currently.  Possibly some moderate plus embedded in there as well.  We'll see if I can get anything out of it.  It won't take much to double my totals so far lol.  Pretty sad I'm following something as lackluster as this on radar, but I'm a beggar right now.

Archived