SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm is going to get close enough to wave bye as it slides south of me.  Typical.  KSPA will rack up on rainfall though.

Edit:  Looking good now as more developed to my north.  This is usually the final nail in the coffin though.  Let's see how it manages to miss this time.  My guess is what developed to my north collapses and reforms to my south skipping over mby entirely.

What a fricking joke.  Thundering for hours again and I am only going to manage a little more than a trace.  About the millionth time this has happened this summer.  We get decent storms maybe a few days out of every 2 months.  Then it is just piddly trace and hundreth amounts in between.  Pattern change my butt.  This won't change until September/October.  Now an awesome complex of storms has just sucked everything east while I get basically nothing.  I knew something was going to happen to make me miss the storms because it almost always does.

The nice fairly widespread rain we were supposed to be getting over the next week is backing off. It will all stay at the beaches and in the ocean it looks like. The 12z GFS says parts of upstate SC will see .50, if that, over the next 2 weeks. And i'd look for this hot dry pattern to go right on until mid to late Sept at least.

The nice fairly widespread rain we were supposed to be getting over the next week is backing off. It will all stay at the beaches and in the ocean it looks like. The 12z GFS says parts of upstate SC will see .50, if that, over the next 2 weeks. And i'd look for this hot dry pattern to go right on until mid to late Sept at least.

Do you ever stop?????? This is getting old.

Today I've seen dark clouds to my west, north, south, and now east.  It has been thundering for about 3 hours now.  Just turned the sprinkler on again.  It's back to watering every day again.  Last bill I used 40,000 gallons of water and that was just watering enough to keep stuff alive and the grass looking halfway decent.  If I had a sprinkler system with a separate water line, I'm sure I would have put out 100k + gallons of water.

Only hope is a storm that is building back to the west in the mountains.  It will most likely fizzle out when it gets to the worked over environment though.  Even if by some miracle it did get close, something crazy would happen and it would miss me.

Oh, and huge surprise, KSPA has almost an inch of rain.  It storms at the airport at least twice every week this summer.

Do you ever stop?????? This is getting old.

Not to mention wrong as usual, latest GFS, Euro, CMC etc all have significant pattern change next week and most of them have Jshetleys house not getting over 80 for a week straight....starting around Aug 6th....it will most likely last 1-2 weeks with DP in the 40-50's possible with actual air temps in the 70's and low 80's basically Chamber of Commerce weather for this time of year.

Not to mention wrong as usual, latest GFS, Euro, CMC etc all have significant pattern change next week and most of them have Jshetleys house not getting over 80 for a week straight....starting around Aug 6th....it will most likely last 1-2 weeks with DP in the 40-50's possible with actual air temps in the 70's and low 80's basically Chamber of Commerce weather for this time of year.

will the cooler and drier weather make it to ATL and Birmingham ?

I really don't understand the pops that are given for my area. I've just been bumped up to 70% now that everything has left the area. Same thing happened yesterday after all the storms had dissipated or were moving out.

They bump up coverage as a knee jerk reaction, once the storms form, they can bump it up and show that they were right! Even after they are gone from your area, they will bump it down to 20% after about 8

Whats the precip looking like?

They bump up coverage as a knee jerk reaction, once the storms form, they can bump it up and show that they were right! Even after they are gone from your area, they will bump it down to 20% after about 8

The thing is though, they weren't bumped until 5, long after the storms had moved away.  Unless they were just slow updating the site.

Well I do see the major cooldown after August 6 on the 12z GFS that goes all the way to the end of the run and hopefully that will be right. It does show only .50-.75 of rain though on the I-85 corridor in NC and SC though. I'm going with a late Sept end to the overall dry and hot pattern because it matches up with the way the summer of 2002 went with an El Nino in place. It was hot and dry around here until mid to late Sept that year.

Well I do see the major cooldown after August 6 on the 12z GFS that goes all the way to the end of the run and hopefully that will be right. It does show only .50-.75 of rain though on the I-85 corridor in NC and SC though. I'm going with a late Sept end to the overall dry and hot pattern because it matches up with the way the summer of 2002 went with an El Nino in place. It was hot and dry around here until mid to late Sept that year.

it was warm and wet here in Sept 2002. Fall was very slow to arrive.

it was warm and wet here in Sept 2002. Fall was very slow to arrive.

Yep the records will say Sept 2002 was wet, but most of that fell from the middle of the month on I think. Once the rain did start that year it was very wet until Jan of 2003. That month was a good bit drier, but did have a very nice snowfall for parts of the Carolinas.

Edit: The pattern changed in Sept of 2002 on the 14-15 when tropical storm Hanna came in on the Fla panhandle and up into GA.

Archived