SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, back to the real world tomorrow. It has been a nice week at Myrtle Beach. I prefer the OBX, though. Hope to get back there again sometime in September or first of October. Once I get done going to the beach for the summer I am ready for fall.

Thanks for letting us know what your next gripe is going to be.

Check this out --- courtesy of WRAL Weather and Mike Moss on FB...

Amazing video of a bizarre, twisting, dancing cloud

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2011/10/25/amazing_video_of_a_bizarre_twisting_dancing_cloud.html

Yeah I saw that video a while back pretty cool, basically that is where lightning comes from....speaking of lightning I have been this close a couple of times and that's exactly what it sounds like more a snap than a boom, the second bolt in this video was feet away from these people and they got lucky it didn't jump....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPdX9tIBhU

Just got back from a weekend at Mt. Pisgah Campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  There's nothing like camping at 5000+ feet in July!  High temperature was around 75 F each day, and we got down to 60 F each night.  Perfect camping weather.  I highly recommend this National Park Service campground, if you haven't tried it out before.  It's only $16/night/site.  We hiked Graveyard Fields and enjoyed the views of two different waterfalls.

Just got back from a weekend at Mt. Pisgah Campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  There's nothing like camping at 5000+ feet in July!  High temperature was around 75 F each day, and we got down to 60 F each night.  Perfect camping weather.  I highly recommend this National Park Service campground, if you haven't tried it out before.  It's only $16/night/site.  We hiked Graveyard Fields and enjoyed the views of two different waterfalls.

both area are beautiful.

I'm getting kinda pissed, I leave Friday for a week in New England and the models have it in the 90's when I get there Sat/Sun ( going to Fenway for a day game Sunday gonna be SUPER pissed if its 90 ) and then mid to upper 80's all next week, then drop them to highs in the 60's.....the day I leave.

I'm getting kinda pissed, I leave Friday for a week in New England and the models have it in the 90's when I get there Sat/Sun ( going to Fenway for a day game Sunday gonna be SUPER pissed if its 90 ) and then mid to upper 80's all next week, then drop them to highs in the 60's.....the day I leave.

That's one thing about the east coast; it can get hot almost anywhere outside of elevation. Just doesn't stay hot like it does here. The one advantage you have is you're use to it.

That's one thing about the east coast; it can get hot almost anywhere outside of elevation. Just doesn't stay hot like it does here. The one advantage you have is you're use to it.

lol well yeah I guess, but my grandmothers house where I am staying doesn't have central air or even a window unit.......if its in the 80's but dry its fine 85 over 50 is no big deal....this is where I am staying

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=box&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=63&map_y=148&x=63&y=149#.VbaYFazbKUk

lol well yeah I guess, but my grandmothers house where I am staying doesn't have central air or even a window unit.......if its in the 80's but dry its fine 85 over 50 is no big deal....this is where I am staying

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=box&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=63&map_y=148&x=63&y=149#.VbaYFazbKUk

Looks like a good forecast to me. It'll be warm at the game but just stay in the shade and you'll be fine.

Would love to see the Green Monster. Went to the old Yankee stadium many years back but that's not Fenway. ->**I was actually at the famous Tar Bat game when George Brett hit the winning home run, but it was taken away because he had too much tar on the bat.

Looks like a good forecast to me. It'll be warm at the game but just stay in the shade and you'll be fine.

Would love to see the Green Monster. Went to the old Yankee stadium many years back but that's not Fenway. ->**I was actually at the famous Tar Bat game when George Brett hit the winning home run, but it was taken away because he had too much tar on the bat.

My first time back to Fenway since the late 80's, I am excited since I got a 12 yr old son who will be going to his first professional sports game much less the Red Sox at Fenway. We got seats under the deck so that wont be a problem unless there isn't a breeze

Your Grandmother lives on an air force base? :D

Your Grandmother lives on an air force base? :D

Well right across the road from it, the end of the runway is 1.5 miles from her house,  they fly C-5's out of there and a lot of times they are maybe 200-300 ft high when they come over her house.... it use to be a SAC base, and they say the B-52 scrambles where a insane as dozens of B-52's took off nose to tail.

Sucks its gonna be in the upper 80's all week up there not the weather I was hoping for.......

Wow!  That's a pretty iconic moment in MLB history.  Pretty cool that you were there in person to witness it.

Wow!  That's a pretty iconic moment in MLB history.  Pretty cool that you were there in person to witness it.

George Brett came out of that dugout like he was shot out of a cannon and would have KILLED that ump had he gotten to him lol.....

My best game was when I saw Nolan Ryan versus Roger Clemens both pitched complete games but Roger gave up a solo shot over the monster in the the 9th and a older Nolan took care of business

Just got back from a weekend at Mt. Pisgah Campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway. There's nothing like camping at 5000+ feet in July! High temperature was around 75 F each day, and we got down to 60 F each night. Perfect camping weather. I highly recommend this National Park Service campground, if you haven't tried it out before. It's only $16/night/site. We hiked Graveyard Fields and enjoyed the views of two different waterfalls.

Yep beautiful up there year round. Especially in the fall with all the colors. Haywood is very diverse with the topography. Beautiful year round.

George Brett came out of that dugout like he was shot out of a cannon and would have KILLED that ump had he gotten to him lol.....

My best game was when I saw Nolan Ryan versus Roger Clemens both pitched complete games but Roger gave up a solo shot over the monster in the the 9th and a older Nolan took care of business

That was an awesome game.

Which one of y'all won??? I'm your new best friend, yanno :D

SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

A $300,000 Palmetto Cash 5 ticket was sold in Spartanburg for Monday night’s drawing, according to SC Education Lottery officials. 

The ticket with winning numbers 5, 13, 20, 24 and 38 with a Power-Up of 3 was sold at the Kangaroo Express at 1505 John B. White Sr. Boulevard.

Officials said the ticket matched all five winning numbers for a $100,000 prize and the purchaser added the “Power-Up” option for an additional $1 to multiple the total prize to $300,000

The Palmetto Cash 5 ticket matched all five numbers drawn on Monday, July 27, for a prize of $300,000. The ticket holder “Powered-Up” for an additional $1, to see the $100,000 top prize multiplied to $300,000.

Officials said the winner has 180 days from the date of the drawing to claim the prize. 

Officials said more than 3,400 Palmetto Cash 5 players won prizes in Monday night’s drawing.

Archived