• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter

mackerel_sky

I do that, just alternate areas I water. It would take me 24+ hours to water the entire yard at one time. So I'm stuck with doing 4 hours of watering every evening. Eventually I'm just going to say eff it and let everything die. At least the tomatoes are sweet and not watery like they were a couple years ago from all the rain. It would be nice to get an inch of rain so I wouldn't have to water for a week. I had a good laugh when I went out to weed some and even the weeds were wilting and dying. Should have planted cacti.

Lol! I'm guilty of the light watering sometimes, I'll spray everything down in the morning and make it perk up a bit, thinking one of these storms will hit my back yard later!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they could only issue a watch for this sort of thing then the attacks would stop.

Lol! Just like severe!

The sharks are running amuck , because the coastguard hasn't issued a watch yet!

I'm going to apply some insect killer to my bushes that are being attacked by bagworms, that'll guarantee rain, and wash it off!

Lol! Just like severe!

The sharks are running amuck , because the coastguard hasn't issued a watch yet!

I'm going to apply some insect killer to my bushes that are being attacked by bagworms, that'll guarantee rain, and wash it off!

lol I was going to try to spray the weeds with weed b gon and my special formulation of bermuda killer today.  Guaranteed way to get rain.

Yep. 1 went south and the other one fell apart. There's more out there, but all going south of here. Another busted day here and all over the NC part of the forecast area east of the mountains. They'll start missing Asheville soon enough though.

Asheville will be fine i suspect. The downsloping is in the Lee of the mountains.. Pretty sure Robert explained all of this.

Yep. 1 went south and the other one fell apart. There's more out there, but all going south of here. Another busted day here and all over the NC part of the forecast area east of the mountains. They'll start missing Asheville soon enough though.

Hahaha we have had rain showers all day. I called it yesterday that Jonesville was a black hole so my forecast verifed for your area today. #shetleylogic

You guys need to move south if you want rain. It's not like downsloping is some new phenomenon. Most here understand that.

Asheville will be fine i suspect. The downsloping is in the Lee of the mountains.. Pretty sure Robert explained all of this.

I know about the downsloping, but I keep seeing places less the 5 miles in all directions get good rain repeatedly while I get nothing. Downsloping does not explain that at all. We could not get rain early last month either when downsloping was no problem. It most certainly will take a hurricane for my area to get over .25 in any 24 hour period.

Archived