SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chester Township, NJ checking in. Hope you guys don't mind I come into the forum, the NYC crew just doesn't seem to fit my new location. I woke up with temps in the low 60's, humidity plummeting, and about 1.5" in the bucket. Every time I read the urban area observations, I am glad I live 40 miles west of the city.

Chester Township, NJ checking in. Hope you guys don't mind I come into the forum, the NYC crew just doesn't seem to fit my new location. I woke up with temps in the low 60's, humidity plummeting, and about 1.5" in the bucket. Every time I read the urban area observations, I am glad I live 40 miles west of the city.

No problem at all as far as I'm concerned.  The air felt nice this morning, looking forward to opening the windows tonight.

Chester is an interior NW Burb.

We grant you permission to post.

Welcome aboard! The NW subforum has grown nicely since its introduction about 2 years ago. Should start getting real active again come October or so.

dropped down to 55F this morning.

Wallpack, NJ cracked 50F for a low.

Never understood that station. It must be in some sort of heavily sheltered valley that radiates extremely well lol. I've seen them get cooler than High Point. interesting Climatology in this State.

Never understood that station. It must be in some sort of heavily sheltered valley that radiates extremely well lol. I've seen them get cooler than High Point. interesting Climatology in this State.

Areas with exposed elevation very rarely radiate as well as sheltered valleys. CAA is where areas with elevation do their damage.

Areas with exposed elevation very rarely radiate as well as sheltered valleys. CAA is where areas with elevation do their damage.

So radiational cooling favors valleys and CAA the higher elevations, sounds good. I think Walpack's station is in a valley, so that makes sense.

Great night for some Photography, Crystal Clear out.  I'd like to get some better pictures when it's a real full moon on Saturday Night.

Edit:  You have to click the picture because it uploaded a little weird and off center.  It's my first time posting a pic so I might have done something wrong.

post-13440-0-60095400-1440728732_thumb.j

Sweet shots. I have a camera trained on the moon right now, experimenting with exposures for next month's lunar eclipse. Have some new ideas I'd like to try out.

Thanks.  I've been out of photography for a little while now, and I'm trying to get back into it.  The moon is fun to play with different exposures.

55 at 7 am in Chester. Too bad next week looks like a cooker so far. Wedding on Saturday, with an older church and no A/C...could be a rough way to start the marriage.

Good luck with that!  Next Saturday I'll be up at Mount Snow for their Brewfest, which is a tradition for me and my buddies, and I'm not liking their 85 degree forecast and I'll be wearing shorts a t-shirt.  

Archived