Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect frost in the valley locations below 500 ft in elevation Sunday morning.

Going with a low of 36F here. I typically just go straight to a hard freeze in November with snow, very rare for a frost instead of a hard freeze in my area..

I agree. I'm near 700 ft and on a mountain, and I'd be surprised if I got to 39° or less. Yeah, last year I remember my freeze came in November.

First 30's of the season, currently 38 degrees here. Mt. Pocono is down to 36 degrees at 2,000 feet.

Binghamton NWS also just issued the first frost advisory for out here in the Poconos.

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BINGHAMTON NY1106 PM EDT SAT OCT 10 2015NYZ046-057-062-PAZ040-048-072-111300-/O.NEW.KBGM.FR.Y.0005.151011T0600Z-151011T1300Z/OTSEGO-DELAWARE-SULLIVAN-NORTHERN WAYNE-PIKE-SOUTHERN WAYNE-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...COLLIERSVILLE...EMMONS...ONEONTA...NORTH FRANKLIN...MASONVILLE...SIDNEY...BRIDGEVILLE...FORRESTBURG...HARRIS...HARTWOOD...MAPLEWOOD...MONGAUP VALLEY...MONTICELLO...CALKINS...SHERMAN...BROWNDALE...EQUINUNK...LAKE COMO...LOOKOUT...PRESTON PARK...MILLRIFT...BEACH LAKE...HEADLEY...HONESDALE...LAURELLA...SEELYVILLE...ARLINGTON...LAKE ARIEL1106 PM EDT SAT OCT 10 2015...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EDT SUNDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A FROSTADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EDT SUNDAY.* LOCATIONS...WESTERN CATSKILLS OF NY TO THE POCONOS OF PA.* HAZARDS...AREAS OF FROST.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 30S.* IMPACTS...SENSITIVE PLANTS MAY BE DAMAGED OR KILLED BY FROST.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOORPLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.&&$$

confirmed on meso nws site. 1795 feet.

must be warm air around 1400 feet + in new jersey. my site is 1404 feet per nws

lower elevation are cooler.

Btw, I've done a few jobs in your area as of late. Awesome location, doesn't have the Nj feel at all lol. It's very similar to my area with elevations ranging from 1,200' to 1,500' feet on average within short distances.

Archived