Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Remnants of Tropical Storm Bill

IsentropicLift

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bust is comparable to a bad snow storm bust. And this was with a model consensus.

it's a good thing for the weather forecasting community that winter snow events aren't typically off by as much as 

warm season convection can often be. Can you imagine if snowstorms were as fickle as convection is.

Just picture if the Islip 13"+ deluge was all snow without it being forecast ahead of time and just surprising

everyone. :lol:

My guess is that once all that convection hit the more stable airmass North of Philly it weakened. You still had the strong forcing associated with the surface low but that ended up tracking too far South for most of us. The good news is we still have many more events on the horizon including Tuesday.

Wow, that prediction blew up in my face. Where I thought they heavy rain was going to be was pretty much the shaft zone. It looked really impressive coming out of PA, but I guess as others said, the instability wasn't very strong for you guys, and the precip broke up. There were some T-storm lines well to the south, but it all seemed to fall apart as it neared the coast. 

Archived