• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

It's never going to rain more than .25 or more, in one day again in Jonesville and no storms either! Lolzzzz

I went to go pull up data from a weather station in Jonesville and there aren't any.  I'll be interested to see if they got a quarter inch.  Looks like it is starting to fall apart on radar though.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to go pull up data from a weather station in Jonesville and there aren't any.  I'll be interested to see if they got a quarter inch.  Looks like it is starting to fall apart on radar though.

Pacolet got hit with a ton of rain, while less than .25 falls over most of my home county. GSP's 80% did verify, but the slight to advanced risk for severe certainly did not. That outlook my very well verify in the CAE area and probably already has in the Raleigh CWA though.

Beautiful summer day here today. Had a high of only 87. Can't believe that I think 87 is nice. Even the dew point has actually dropped below 70 for the first time in 3 weeks. Temp currently sitting at 78, dew point 69. Forecasted low is mid 60's. we will see.

Little blob of convection moving through NE GA currently.  Let's see if we can avoid the disappearing act as it enters SC.  Just looked at the GSP forecast and we've been bumped up to 60% tonight.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

sbcape: 1500-2000

mucape: 1000-2000

dcape: 1200

sfc-6k bulk shear: 30 kt

Well, there goes the severe storm plunging south and no longer taking aim at mby.  I need to quit hogging the rain shield and pass it off to someone else :)

Edit:  Now under a watch and 80% pops.  Kiss of death.  Everything that was entering the northern upstate has fallen apart or sunk south.

Pretty funny we are still under a watch and have 50% pops tonight.  Holding onto that last shred of hope I guess.  I won't be surprised when we don't get any rain all week.  I'm sure others in the upstate will get plenty of rain, but sure as hell not in mby.  The most I can hope for is to get fringed or some stratiform rain.

Archived