joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 1st-6th Severe Events

Quincy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SigTor parameters for north-central Kansas this afternoon are looking pretty damn impressive at the moment. 

hrrrFLT_con_stp_003.gif

Edit: just noticed I'm late to the party, I should get in the habit of reading recent discussion before I post  :rolleyes:

The HRRR continues to show an isolated supercell but it's 2130z now and nothing yet. Hoping it's just delayed.

Sitting near Phillipsburg, KS

CU field across KS looks pretty meh on Vis Sat. How's it look from your vantage point?

Edit: the environment continues to become increasingly volatile... SCP up to 44, STP up to 11, 0-3KM EHI of 14, 0-1KM EHI of 5, 0-3KM VGP of 0.5... ESRH of 600m2/s2... SB/MUCAPE of 3000-4000J/KG. Incredible. IF initiation occurs, it looks like LCL's could initially be a problem depending on how far south it occurs... But much less of a problem later on as we are near peak heating attm.

No more models at this point. We've seen how the HRRR has performed lately anyway. Cu field here in north-central Kansas is agitated, but not towering very high yet. Cap still hanging on, but it should be breached soon.

That would be because visible satellite is on a 15 min delay.

yeah... Wasn't looking On rapid-scan, but I found it...

Edit: also looks like the CU on the DL west of DDC is becoming increasingly agitated.

Storms in KS along the boundaries are really struggling with that cap... Two storms tho, one near Sublette, and the other near Dighton are becoming increasingly interesting... Both are small at this point, but are developing supercell characteristics. As well as that supercell in SW NE that is SVR warned. Only about an hour and half or so of daylight left here, probably about 2-3 hours though in W KS.

Archived